Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

CONGRATULATIONS TVG   General Discussions

Started 4/30/19 by zambito; 1573 views.
cubs.fan

4/30/19

Ugh, my three value horses underneath got 3 of the worst 4 posts (WoW, WWW, and Country House). #14 may not be as obvious, but take a look at the comment lines in the charts for the #14. Bad news. Visions of Classic Empire being mauled out of the gate come to mind. WWW may only have to worry about Spinoff sideswiping him, but if he walks out of the gate, it might not matter.

Also, Mike Smith should be wary of Maragh right next to him on the inside. Don't be surprised if he has Haikal break outwards.

smartyslew

4/30/19

Looks like Omaha beach received a good draw........

until i saw the jock next to him...

PISTOL9

4/30/19

My top is on the bad side of the helicopter.  But good post if it comes up wet like the last two years where you had to be inside, actually my 2nd is OK for that as well.

twoshots

4/30/19

Here are the post-draw Brisnet PPs:

http://www.brisnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Derby19.pdf

My pick so far is Maximum Security but it looks like I'll have to reevaluate for a sloppy track

RAESFAN

4/30/19

I am actually thrilled with WWW's post. He has some space to avoid getting shut down early, so he can use some of his speed to get better early position. At least that's what I'm hoping for. He could break badly from any post, and some would be much more problematic. 

I'm also happy with the odds of four of my top 5, even though they probably won't remain at those odds.

#6 Vekoma - 20/1

#14 Win Win Win - 15/1

#7 Maximum Security - 10/1

#8 Tacitus - 10/1

All good gates!

SameSteve G

4/30/19

At least there should be very little doubt who is going to be making the early pace.  Hopefully, nobody gets hurt.

PISTOL9

4/30/19

Vekoma wins the BG but is higher odds then the 2nd place horse.  That 14 hole used to be cherished, but last several years the 15 has come over and wiped them out.   Tacitus mostly be much less.  Battaglia  said he just kept all BBs in the same ball park.   Based on talk, I don't see Roadster staying that low of the three BBs, don't hear anyone mentioning his name.  

RAESFAN

4/30/19

Those three shouldn't have to work to hard to get the lead, whereas Omaha Beach may not be able to get over so easily. Rajiv is on a closer, and shouldn't be an obstacle to him, but who knows? Baffert can't be happy. Even though those speed horses are next to each other, I don't expect a sprint early. I think they will quickly position themselves on the lead and realize they can get there while preserving energy.

EDIT: WoW's trainer says he will have to go with that post. So he will have to gun to avoid getting shuffled back on the first turn.

• Edited April 30, 2019 3:02 pm  by  RAESFAN
SameSteve G

4/30/19

Well, now Casse confirms what looked pretty obvious on paper.   There is no choice.