Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First Brown Now Asmussen   General Discussions

Started Jun-23 by RAESFAN; 515 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
zowcownow

Jun-24

I always like reading the blotter at the track.  A lot of these non-paid employees often are getting in trouble for drugs and other minor track rules.   There is always a fine assigned and the details are plastered on a track bulletin board.    

In reply toRe: msg 2
RAESFAN

Jun-24

I'm wondering if most aren't like this. Owners are about winning, so they will look the other way. Greed overlooks many indiscretions.

smartyslew

Jun-24

Unindicted Donald dabbled in horse racing back in the day, Probably had Kutchner for his trainer

and his vet was a dentist looking for Bone spurs. He had the Candlestick maker running his operation for him and he didn't pay his bills either.

Makes me wonder how many rich owners are just like him.

Wintertrian

Jun-25

smartyslew said...

Unindicted Donald dabbled in horse racing back in the day, Probably had Kutchner for his trainer

and his vet was a dentist looking for Bone spurs. He had the Candlestick maker running his operation for him and he didn't pay his bills either.

Makes me wonder how many rich owners are just like him.

Are you kidding?  He's the one to apparently *emulate* in today's world.    

Not all owners are bad.  Thank goodness owner of Songbird insisted she be looked at by Bramlage, or she'd probably have broken down on the track next out.  

TexSquared

Jun-27

zowcownow said:

I always like reading the blotter at the track. A lot of these non-paid employees often are getting in trouble for drugs and other minor track rules. There is always a fine assigned and the details are plastered on a track bulletin board.

Here is a funny one I saw at Woodbine:

https://woodbine.com/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/Thoroughbred/AGCO_report/2019-05-25_WO_SSR_0917.pdf

I guess that exercise rider wanted to "retire" spectacularly :-)

smartyslew

Jun-27

Yes, Tongue in cheek!

Gerh

Jun-28

Was this the owner/trainer combination of Get Stormy?

In reply toRe: msg 9
smartyslew

Jun-28

Yah that guy!  the other day when he Tweeted  Cocked and loaded maybe that is code for get Stormy.

Many thought he meant Locked and loaded. now i'm not sure.

In reply toRe: msg 10
Wintertrian

Jun-29

They should start a supermarket rag for "people in horse racing".   

It appears bin Rashid al-Maktoum's wife has left him and fled to Germany for asylum. 

Gerh

Jun-29

His daughter tried to escape last year but was captured.It is believed she is being held in Dubai against her will