Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First Brown Now Asmussen   General Discussions

Started Jun-23 by RAESFAN; 533 views.
smartyslew

Jun-27

Yes, Tongue in cheek!

Gerh

Jun-28

Was this the owner/trainer combination of Get Stormy?

In reply toRe: msg 9
smartyslew

Jun-28

Yah that guy!  the other day when he Tweeted  Cocked and loaded maybe that is code for get Stormy.

Many thought he meant Locked and loaded. now i'm not sure.

In reply toRe: msg 10
Wintertrian

Jun-29

They should start a supermarket rag for "people in horse racing".   

It appears bin Rashid al-Maktoum's wife has left him and fled to Germany for asylum. 

Gerh

Jun-29

His daughter tried to escape last year but was captured.It is believed she is being held in Dubai against her will

In reply toRe: msg 12
Wintertrian

Jun-30

Gerh said...

His daughter tried to escape last year but was captured.It is believed she is being held in Dubai against her will

Family relationships are messy.    The princess is from Jordan, so there were/are political ramifications, and it just sounds like a typical family mess to me.   Unlike the thousands of U.S. women in domestic abuse shelters all across America, housing women who really "couldn't" escape (no money, no resources, multiple children), or the thousands of young runaways (also indigent)  who don't get along with their parents who are littering the streets in big cities here (unlike the daughter)----- the princess has gobs of milliions of $$, can live and go anywhere in the world that she wishes....... and I suspect this wife thing will just all end quietly in a civil settlement like most divorces do here.  

Was just saying that lately, with the DQ in the Derby, with trainers being kicked out of barns, with trainers being found in violation of federal labor laws, a U.S. track where horses seem to be dying/injured at an alarming rate.........and now racing families in domestic turmoil, racing really SHOULD have a supermarket tabloid.  :)   Sad but true. 

Gerh

Jun-30

The princess has many millions but I am sure Sheikh Mo could make life difficult for her if he chooses.I think she will be laying low in Germany for the foreseeable future.

In reply toRe: msg 14
Wintertrian

Jul-1

Since I have no "inside information" on how the wives of every other trainer's wife in the world is treated by their husbands, or why they stay or why they get divorced, I no longer try to understand Family Dynamics and especially not those of a different culture with different religious and other rules than our own. 

What I AM concerned about as far as my racing hobby is concerned is how their horses are trained and cared for and that they are conducting their racing business on the up-and-up (which involves paying workers as well as not killing or maiming horses unnecessarily)

Right now I don't think U.S. racing can hold it's head up high in that regard, so you know......the glass houses thing.  

Gerh

Jul-1

It has been a long time since US racing could hold its head up high.I would not be surprised if the sport ceases to exist here in the near future

PISTOL9

Jul-1

Is that why he now has a respectable haircut?   I did not recognize him when I saw him at first.