Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Dennis' Moment   General Discussions

Started Jul-28 by RAESFAN; 1094 views.
zowcownow

Aug-2

Got his own thread.  I'm a fan.  Think he goes to Saratoga next??

In reply toRe: msg 2
RAESFAN

Sep-14

Well, Dennis' Moment looked like the real deal in the Iroquois. He hardly took a deep breath. I was happy with Scabbard's effort. He got stopped while making an early move, but the MTR colt, formerly named, Noose, re-rallied for a non-threatening second. He has run into two colts better than he is at this point; Dennis' Moment and Green Light Go, but wasn't embarrassed.

Wintertrian

Sep-17

RAESFAN said...

I was happy with Scabbard's effort                 He has run into two colts better than he is at this point

Only because the distance was only 1-1/16th.  I know you love the MTRs and this one looks better than the winner to me. 

RAESFAN

Sep-17

“From your lips to God’s ears!” I really like this horse. Reminds me a bit of Catholic Boy at the same stage, except all in dirt. I don’t want to get too excited  and get disappointed I guess. He did finish strongly after encountering traffic mid race.

Baffert has an MTR colt that should start soon as well named Much More Halo. Can’t recall him training one before. Should be interesting.

OldForesight

Oct-25

My early derby horse is Tiz The law. He won't be running in the Juvenile and is pointed to the Remsen Stakes.  This horse reminds me of Afleet Alex in terms of athleticism and quick acceleration.   

Wintertrian

Oct-26

OldForesight said...

My early derby horse is Tiz The law. He won't be running in the Juvenile and is pointed to the Remsen Stakes.  This horse reminds me of Afleet Alex in terms of athleticism and quick acceleration.   

Same connections as Funnycide, I like Tagg, he's not pushing the horse like Baffert does his.  Would like to see how this one develops for sure. 

RAESFAN

Oct-26

He was certainly impressive in the Champagne. The Remsen is a good race, as it allows him to not only go two turns, but at 9f as a two year old. That will provide him with much needed conditioning going forward. That Tiznow bloodline on the dam side, would imply that he will get better with age, and that distance will not be a problem.

Of course, I have lots of love for Scabbard(the runner formerly known as "Noose"). The pedigree of the More Than Ready colt, doesn't exactly scream 10f, but the horse's style may allow for it. He is scheduled to go in the Juvenile, and while everyone thinks it's a three horse race(Dennis' Moment, Eight Ring, and Maxfield), I loved his Iroquois. Sure Dennis' Moment won easily, shut down the final 1/16, but had Scabbard been able to get through when he made his middle move, I'm sure he would have had to work much harder, in a pretty fast run race. That trouble might have caused the jockey change, as Mike Smith will be aboard. I hope I get at least 10-1.

• Edited October 26, 2019 7:50 am  by  RAESFAN
Northof64

Oct-26

Scabbard appears to be the "buzz" horse this year for the juvie.  I hope he does not get bet down too badly for your sake Raes. For me I am on the Maxfield bandwagon.  I look for him to pass a lot of tiring horses down the stretch. Projected morning line is 5-1. I'll take it!

North

RAESFAN

Oct-26

Scabbard appears to be the "buzz" horse this year for the juvie.

I was afraid of that. I'm hoping the "Big 3" will have enough people on their bandwagon to keep those odds up.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Northof64

Oct-29

Maxfield is a scratch.....Bummer