Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Justify failed drug test in SA derby   General Discussions

Started 9/11/19 by beachwood; 2160 views.
smartyslew

9/12/19

Baffert trains horses for people on these California boards and this has to stop.

I suggest everybody read the whole article in the NY Times it screams the  changes

that needs to be changed.. here is one piece:

Joe Gorajec, a former chairman of the Association of Racing Commissioners International, a trade group of industry commissioners, said the system was doomed to fail in California and other states in which the regulators are in business with the people they are there to police.

“Minimal prohibitions should preclude active horse owners, trainers, breeders and jockeys, or anyone else that derives income from the business, to serve on a commission,” said Gorajec, who was executive director of the Indiana Horse Racing Commission. “Commissioners should be prohibited from wagering in the state they serve.”

smartyslew

9/12/19

all those years we had this nailed on this site and Crest coming up with Bafferts secret sauce

that gets the formula improved each year. this is just one ingredient in the special sauce imo.

To me this is not a Triple Crown Winner and the Apollo curse is still in play and Justify's win total

is zero and all of those purses need to be returned to the rightful winners.

all purse winnings of his returned and Baffert and everyone involved barred from this Sport for life.

Gerh

9/12/19

Not only do they fail to disqualify the horse,they fail to disclose the fact that he failed a drug test.I guess we were expected to believe that Justify having an equine Arnold body was totally natural.

ChiefsCrown

9/12/19

Had Justify been DQ'd from the Santa Anita Derby w/0pts he would've had to run in the Arkansas Derby the next weekend to qualify for the big dance.  A DQ to Justify would have got Catholic Boy in the KD.

Just my opinion but horse racing is in need of a governing body with a commissioner.

Gerh

9/12/19

Justify is rushed off to the breeding shed.Meanwhile,Hartnell is preparing to make his 30th GRADE 1 appearance in Flemington.This is the horse that the public should be embracing

In reply toRe: msg 13
Wintertrian

9/13/19

I will also never read Bloodhorse again.   they waited til the last minute to even mention this as a story, and the article they published is all mostly quotes from Baffert, Baffert's attorney, and Rick Arthur (the very person who is medical director of the CHRB) LOL  

I hope to god Ruiz starts a lawsuit.  I hope catholic boy's connections, and everyone from that race, and everyone kept out of it due to justify taking up a spot.........and I will CERTAINLY get involved in any Go Fund Me to help these people w/their legal fees.  :)  

Also keep in mind, Lance Armstrong was stripped of his titles. Ben Johnson was stripped of his medals. 

THAT is what needs to happen here. 

In reply toRe: msg 13
Wintertrian

9/13/19

Gerh said...

Hartnell is preparing to make his 30th GRADE 1 appearance in Flemington

And best of luck to him, too!

In reply toRe: msg 15
Wintertrian

9/13/19

I truly hope Ruiz and others pursue legal action because in a court of law, evidence is investigated and the press releases from former CHRB boys club and people who Baffert trained horses for, won't be acceptable.  :)  

I want to see a full investigation from independents on ALL of this.   All of it. 

And I would be glad to start a Go Fund Me page for Ruiz or anyone else, too. 

In reply toRe: msg 16
Wintertrian

9/13/19

Because, if Ruiz or nobody else brings a lawsuit, we will just be snowballed with press releases from the very insiders and good ol ' boys who protect baffert and have had their horses trained by him.  

In a court of law, evidence is provided and investigated.  Press releases aren't evidence.  

Even the hay provider will have to be deposed.    

KEEP THE PRESSURE ON so this doesn't go away. From what i understand, the chrb violated the Brown Act.....the AG needs to get involved.  Call and write the AG and support reporters to stay on this .   I

In reply toRe: msg 17
Wintertrian

9/13/19

I have pharmacological information.  
I can post it later.  The amount of contamination that justify tested at was 3x the threshold.  The amount of plant matter he would have had to injest to reach those levels (because there are studies as to what actually constitutes "environmental contamination in feed") would be enormous.   

So enormous that it would have required any medical director or board to put out an immediate and  widespread notice to every barn at the track, that's how severe the contamination would have to have been.