Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2020 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/3/20 by DogsUp; 23321 views.
smartyslew

May-31

I believe Jun. 20 is the belmont date.

DogsUp

Jun-1

Thanks my amigo.

I really think this will be a money race as NY jockies control the pace. Vertical bet, hope the track is wet. Then goggles will fly producing a crunchy Tri. Super could be nice, while a handsome Tri will suffice.

Wintertrian

Jun-3

I thought it was interesting that Arkansas Derby was May 2nd, and Charlatan recorded no works until May 27th. 

Thats a long time ....... 25th day to start working after race.

In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

Jun-3

Maxfield’s people are noodling over the Belmont Stakes and the Grade 2 Blue Grass Stakes at Keeneland on July 11 for his next and a 4th in a row win.

Hoofnote: I must confess Tiz the Law is a looker. As a 3 yr old one of the best I've seen. Confirmation, color, carriage, comportment. 

ChiefsCrown

Jun-3

2 weeks out from this Saturday. Should be dry and hot.

DogsUp

Jun-4

Regarding no workout and the career end of Baffert trained Charlatan. Agree: AM workouts, even if all are breezes say a lot. True a bullet work on a day with say 60 or more runners is great signal for a runner. But lack of having a horse who needs, just like humans, to get outside, in the sun, stretch and run, have some fun tells a story.

Perhaps the runner is done.

Best always..enjoy the trip (d)

DogsUp

Jun-4

Yeah Yah! The weather news people on TV in NY State are nearly celebrities. The dynamics of weather are so ying yang.

I kinda changed my mind hoping for an aquafied surface. 

What's great is, here it is June and Dogs is ramping up for the TC races. Kinda like the TC is like a hot fudge sundae where the cherry is the last thing one eats. And when one thinks about most other sports..the championship or one big game comes at the end of the season run. I'm singing the classic music "September Song"...."And it's a long-long time (from the first Saturday) from May to September.....

DogsUp

Jun-6

Bel Stakes - The Lg Shot Delta key. Best of last 6 months.

Tap It to Win

DogsUp

Jun-7

More about Tap it To Win seems headed to Belmont Stks

Live Oak Plantation.

Trainer Mark Casse

Johnny Vee irons

$15,000 supplemental fee.  Would normally be (this race not normal) $50,000.

Race / Bel Stakes entries based on established category + money won in those races, and must be non restricted races.

• Edited June 7, 2020 1:36 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 175
DogsUp

Jun-7

Tap it to Win scopes out to be...just like...

Knicks Go 2018 BC Juvey.

Lookin at Lee - Derby

Closing Argument -Derby

Ami's Messa - Gal's BC dirt sprint 7 fl (2017)

All 4 above ran 2nd but were off the radar.

• Edited June 7, 2020 2:05 pm  by  DogsUp