Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2020 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/3/20 by DogsUp; 20577 views.
Msg 1406.179 deleted
ChiefsCrown

Jun-10

Maxfield------Maxpain out

Wells Bayou-----out

Govenverneur Morris----Belmont exit, Bluegrass entry.

87 days until the big dance, expecting more moves after defections!

In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

Jun-11

Initially was pleased to see Warfield passing Bel Stakes for Blue Grass; as for the Bel Stks, Dogs would have and will still key a long shot would be Delta. If Warfield had stayed in the Belmont Stks (now injured)  I would have used him in back up tri bet.

• Edited June 11, 2020 5:06 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 181
DogsUp

Jun-11

GMAFB. 

It's only mid June and TITW Tap it to Win is already albeit at the very bottom @ 50/1 on Derby Watch.

And my barking understanding of his breeding I like.

In reply toRe: msg 182
DogsUp

Jun-12

Why oh why I wish Johnny V had wrapped him up and put some seconds on final time. Bel Stakes will be 1 turn

https://twitter.com/i/status/1268651733393301504

ChiefsCrown

Jun-12

Quick turn around for Tap It To Win in the Belmont. An iTM finish will be huge.  Being a Tapit colt wouldn't surprise me if he upsets this race.

Been on Tiz the Law]s bandwagon since last year, can't jump off now. 

Looking for a Tiz/Modernist exacta....Let's go Tap It To Win for the trifecta.

DogsUp

Jun-13

Admittedly Tiz the Law has run to to his Derby favoritism to date. He is the 3 yo that appears like the proverbial Hollywood casted colt with a future Derby and TC Destiny.

He really looks the part with his striking color and markings. Walking around the barn, when taking his rider up, post parade, down the stretch, crossing the line. First. Winner's Circle. He looks like a fresh, muscular stick out of the crop colt.

With two major defections in the unplugged Belmont Stks distance another Hollywood theme comes onto the table.

A nobody colt runs a first allowance race, on a Thursday afternoon.. And nears the track record for 8.5 panels.

Add that Dogs sees a predictable zig zig in TTLaw's runway landings...could be money race.  

ChiefsCrown

Jun-13

Hope you're right on a "money" race Dogs. Might have to play 2 trifectas Belmont day one using Tap It To Win in one of them. 

One tri---Tiz / Modernist / Basin

DogsUp

Jun-13

My Godfather used to say. "The last guy who listened to me is batting fourth on Skid Row."

Racing is a zero sum game. And it had take out way before the epidemic caused food service by take out only."

The great divisor and vigorish can really melt down a score.

Wintertrian

Jun-13

DogsUp said...

I must confess Tiz the Law is a looker. As a 3 yr old one of the best I've seen. Confirmation, color, carriage, comportment. 

Beautiful horse, to my mind not for the KY Derby though.  Guess we'll see.  Wont be on my ticket first or 2nd, but then again , with all the dropouts and this crazy year, I doubt I'll have a ticket anyway. 

Maxfield and Wells Bayou defection hit me hard.