Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2020 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/3/20 by DogsUp; 24554 views.
In reply toRe: msg 40
DogsUp

3/1/20

Maxfield has had 60 days R&R as predicted and needed after his surgery.

DogsUp

3/2/20

"Nov. 18 removed a mildly displaced chip from an ankle, according to owner Godolphin." Three days before his Brd Cup. Then estimated 60 days R&R. On target.

Honestly, I'm hoping he gets a second place 50 pointer Derby points and was closing a ton and at longer, Derby Distance is based on the trip. Today he remains the Delta horse. Can't fall in love with the Delta because then one can't get off in the couple of weeks before Rose recital.

DogsUp

3/2/20

Chip remove 18th Nov. Scratched 3 days before his (Maxfield) Brd Cup race. R&R following surgery estimated 60 days. On target. As the Delta colt today, the one who is used to compare all Derby point comers; up and down and sideways, let's hope he is at least five deep..if he makes it to the Rose recital.

RAESFAN

3/2/20

I don't know. Preparing for a race like the Derby is different from other races. The race is usually roughly run. Horses generally come out of the race banged up. That's a tall order for a horse with three races in his career; only one since getting hurt. I'm not as concerned about his performance as his health.

DogsUp

3/2/20

If a horse does fracture something, connections would settle for a chip fracture. Results for chip removal are very good to excellent in most cases. And with the continued development of surgical techniques, such as "standing!" chip removals and the use of progressively smaller endoscopic cameras,  these optimistic outcomes might become even more successful and complication-free.

• Edited March 2, 2020 2:10 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 45
DogsUp

3/2/20

Memo to Diary.

Any colt that ran in Fountain of Youth and predictably if in Derby; no hit the boardski.

Winner also did not have a  jock who rode him prior up in irons as his potential Derby colt 

• Edited March 2, 2020 5:27 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

3/3/20

Memo to Diary.

Fountain of Youth.

Dennis is no menace.

Ete Indy can't bat 500. Will not hit the board if in Kty Derby. Prior 4 races ehh?

RAESFAN

3/3/20

Ete Indian started on the turf, and after not doing well in a turf stakes at Keenland, switched to the dirt and became a different horse. He lost to Tiz The Law, a lot of people's favorite for the Derby, by just a couple lengths. His win in the FOY elevates the Holy Bull winner, more than anything in my eyes. I wouldn't count him out just yet. To win from the outside post at Gulfstream around two turns, is not an easy task. The fractions weren't slow, yet he finished strongly, expanding his lead. One might say he didn't beat anyone since Dennis' Moment isn't what he was, but at this point, I see it as a solid win.

Msg 1406.49 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

3/4/20

Regarding my comment that FOY field doesn't look more than ready to hit any 3 spots in KY Derby awards. Ete Indien's sire (Summer Front) was a Delta horse I kept an eye on. Successful  turf horse. Got mile. Beyond a mile and Grade races.. Other turfers caught him.  Smarty followed this horse with me here and his observations as to the above were mentioned as well 

• Edited March 4, 2020 7:16 pm  by  DogsUp