Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2020 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/3/20 by DogsUp; 24547 views.
In reply toRe: msg 45
DogsUp

3/2/20

Memo to Diary.

Any colt that ran in Fountain of Youth and predictably if in Derby; no hit the boardski.

Winner also did not have a  jock who rode him prior up in irons as his potential Derby colt 

• Edited March 2, 2020 5:27 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

3/3/20

Memo to Diary.

Fountain of Youth.

Dennis is no menace.

Ete Indy can't bat 500. Will not hit the board if in Kty Derby. Prior 4 races ehh?

RAESFAN

3/3/20

Ete Indian started on the turf, and after not doing well in a turf stakes at Keenland, switched to the dirt and became a different horse. He lost to Tiz The Law, a lot of people's favorite for the Derby, by just a couple lengths. His win in the FOY elevates the Holy Bull winner, more than anything in my eyes. I wouldn't count him out just yet. To win from the outside post at Gulfstream around two turns, is not an easy task. The fractions weren't slow, yet he finished strongly, expanding his lead. One might say he didn't beat anyone since Dennis' Moment isn't what he was, but at this point, I see it as a solid win.

Msg 1406.49 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

3/4/20

Regarding my comment that FOY field doesn't look more than ready to hit any 3 spots in KY Derby awards. Ete Indien's sire (Summer Front) was a Delta horse I kept an eye on. Successful  turf horse. Got mile. Beyond a mile and Grade races.. Other turfers caught him.  Smarty followed this horse with me here and his observations as to the above were mentioned as well 

• Edited March 4, 2020 7:16 pm  by  DogsUp
ChiefsCrown

3/5/20

A Maxfield, Azul Coast match up in the Preakness would prove interesting!!

smartyslew

3/5/20

I'll have to check Azul out..With Bold Ruckus in his pedigree should be a good all weather track

runner, Steve Roman made him a chef and his best influence was on all weather tracks.

Back then i was sweeping money up at Woodbine. loved The lines with BR on both sides of the pedigree.

i do like his Sire and Bmsire have tff 1x thru la troienne.

Thats the same line Maxfield has thru his tf line. interesting.

ChiefsCrown

3/6/20

Wondering if Maxfield even makes the derby field? Been off a long time. Can see him as a Preakness runner as well. Azul Coast i believe won @ Golden Gate A/W track. I would think he should transform to dirt pretty easily don't you think?

1000 Words/ Storm the Court exacta @ SA

Texas Swing/ Market Analysis/ Sole Volante tri box @ Tampa

DogsUp

3/7/20

In MHO, the connections had to scratch Max 3 days before the BC Boys. The (this type of surgery for most horses) chip surgery calls for 60 days off R+R. Three works now. It would seem to me they would project his success to the Kentucky Derby with all it can bring to them, top 3 yr old award, breeding enhanced bucks. Prestige as they became tarnished with trainer not long ago. And promises of significant, substantial success if not too late to be in 20 Derby gate.

• Edited March 7, 2020 1:45 am  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 54
DogsUp

3/7/20

I think also if the colt was not ready for Derby they would pass on the two jewels left. That is, not run against seasoned Derby runners. And other comers.

Go Saratoga route instead..fresh.

• Edited March 7, 2020 1:43 am  by  DogsUp