Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Kentucky Derby 2021 DogsUp Diary   Triple Crown

Started 2/28/21 by DogsUp; 53981 views.
Oldbettowin

5/13/21

He was saying he probably isn’t going to win but might get a piece.  Maybe.  He didn’t sound very confident about that either really.

In reply toRe: msg 332
Wintertrian

5/13/21

Having spent countless seasons at the OP meet, and observiing Lukas entries, he is definitely one of those "you can't win if you don't play" types. 

In our OP contests, many of us have taken to using his horses as longshots when we are behind in our contest scores.  :) 

And yes about the poker.  (As well as the slot machines!)  

The way I've seen Lukas in these later years is that he is "enjoying" life, keeping his toe in the game, loves being on his pony and in the atmosphere of the business he has spent a lifetime in, esp. the big races......and if his horses are well and/or not sick or innured, he will enter them.    Like he did with Optiimizer his horses run a lot of races.    

He is quite the raconteur, in every way and loves his "fans". 

DogsUp

5/13/21

I remember you posting the video of the above interview. I was very impressed with the  track public communications.

Hoofnote: Poker players never give signs or signals that they are holding a good hand.

ChiefsCrown

5/13/21

Stranger things have happened in this game...Going to use Ram in a WPS wager.

Wintertrian

5/13/21

ChiefsCrown said...

Stranger things have happened in this game

I might say that in conversation or posts. 

In real life, when it comes to plunking down my actual hard-earned $$, I need more than that in order to place a wager.  :) 

But I really do wish you and dogs luck with Ram.  I'm always happy for anyone who wins big $$ and he would if he wps here. 

Oldbettowin

5/13/21

Biggest long shot ever to win the Preakness was Master Derby and even he was only 23-1.

DogsUp

5/13/21

Small fields and pools in Preakness and diminished interest after 20 betting interests in Derby and humongous interest pools in Derby cause less differential odds for record win  payed in Preak.

Sadly Johnny Vee will get booed.

Philly punters would boo their mom.

• Edited May 13, 2021 5:00 pm  by  DogsUp
ChiefsCrown

5/13/21

Looking at The Racing Post run lines (very vague) it looks like France Go de Ina is an  AW runner. Shows 4 races on the stuff. Brisnet pp's show he ran a 107 on a fast track. Probably a moot point. Info in case anyone's using him.

smartyslew

5/13/21

Thanks for the info. I have Bris PP's I don't see that 107 !

Are you reading a speed number  that compares multiple numbers comparisons?