Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Now that Life Is Good is out.....   Triple Crown

Started 3/22/21 by princeofdoc; 911 views.
Wintertrian

3/25/21

RAESFAN said...

I'm reading a lot about the remaining preps online, and the Wood is not getting a lot of press. I think it is shaping up to be a major prep. All these horses need points to get in the starting gate on the 1st Saturday in May, and will be taking their best shot.

Rombauer - Will probably stay at SA now that LIG is not there, and the the Wood is coming up tough.
Overtook - One of Pletcher's entries. Second to Risk Taking in the Withers.
Dynamic One - The other Pletcher, broke his maiden at the distance in his last start.
Nicky the Vest - Won the Gander at a mile in his second start for Jonathan Thomas.
Risk Taking - Chad Brown is going elsewhere with Highly Motivated, and places his Withers victor in this spot.
Crowded Trade - The "other" Chad Brown(my pick), looks to step up another notch in his third start.
Weyburn - Bred to run long. Gotham win was not a fluke. Trained by Jimmy Jerkens.
Brooklyn Strong - Daniel Velasquez battling with the big boys with his Remsen winner, that hasn't raced since.
Prevalence - Brendan Walsh has chosen this spot to get necessary points.
Roman Centurian - Callaghan comes east seeking softer spot. He may want to reconsider.

Yes, this looks super interesting.  I don't know enough about these to stack them up against each other.   thanks for adding some perspective.  I still like Rombauer quite a bit. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

3/25/21

Gerh said...

I would expect to see Rock Your World and The Great One in there

Rock your World is a wonderful under the radar horse. 
her.   
https://www.pedigreequery.com/moraz

I dont' know what McCarthy plans are.  Does anyone?   It's a gorgeous pedigree, the dosage points are rather astoundingly big all around. 

princeofdoc said...

Already, Rombauer is probably going to contest the SA Derby, as the only Baffert charge to run will be Medina Spirit, not a world-beater.

Actually I liked Medina Spirit even while Baffert was showcasing his "others".   I think we haven't seen enough of him yet to make that determination.  Soemtimes Baffert leaves out horses til the end.   I am really interested to see what he can do.   I like both he and Rombauer, actually. 

Msg 1643.9 deleted
Gerh

3/25/21

I would expect Moraz to be pointed towards the Oaks.She closed at 47/1 in the Oaks future wager.If I got 20/1 on her in the Oaks,I would be tempted.

RAESFAN

3/25/21

I thought there was no Sunland meet this spring.

princeofdoc

3/25/21

Hmmm....could be, but I thought they still listed the race next week?

Northof64

3/30/21

Just watched Moraz’s last. Looks like jockey messed up and looked back twice down the stretch and lost by a photo. I see she is entered this weekend in the SA Oaks. Hope she stays under the radar and then ships to Kentucky. I like her running style and could get a nice price.

In reply toRe: msg 10
Wintertrian

3/30/21

Gerh said...

I would expect Moraz to be pointed towards the Oaks

I had to go back and correct the pronouns in my post.  However, I would love to see this filly run in the actual KY Derby.  I "uncovered her" for that race, in other words, she fit under=the=radar status for me and gender doesn't really matter on that pedigree angle.

We don't seem to have many doing that as of late, and I think I'd like to see more females entered against the boys in these races.  I'll settle for the Oaks but wth?  She would be killer good odds if she ran in the KY Derby and she has the goods to do so.    At least her pedigree does if she runs to it.      In  oaks on derby day she will not command the kind of odds I am looking for. 

ChiefsCrown

3/31/21

Think they shut down due to covid cases. Would have been nice if they raised the Lexington Stakes to at least a 50 pt win race seeing Sunland is mothballed.

Even if the Lexington is 2 weeks from the derby they'd probably get a few needy horses entered.