Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bluegrass Stakes   Triple Crown

Started 3/31/21 by princeofdoc; 3545 views.
Northof64

4/2/21

9 of 10 i did not know 

Wintertrian

4/3/21

smartyslew said...

Good Luck, This horse is scary, Team Valor moved him from Chad Brown to Pletcher after one race.

WHY would Irwin move Untreated to Pletcher, who is 1 for 41 over the last 5 years graded stakes on dirt, going long off a maiden win?

Maybe Untreated is scary, but I find that statistic about as scary as you can get.  

That said, over the last decade I've come to like Pletcher a bit more than the abject cheaters he's surrounded by.  He seems a lot more on the up-and-up than many of them. 

I look for his horse to make some noise this summer.  I will not touch him now at 10-1.  

DogsUp

4/3/21

All

I touted Doug and his brother Dennis who buys colts at auction for kid bro clients.  These two are related to owners of Hot Rod Charlie. The bros usually in past year Derby quests combine with owner team Reddam of Nyquist  - I'll Have Anotther Derby win fame.

Yet my numero uno is EQ  with 40 points.  HRC 110.  Win today by EQ at 100 pointavos* would install him KD point leader. (really wished that HRC was not a known quantity to one day shooter Derby ticket buyers. *Husker I made up this word.

3/5 EQ is a good price if one smokes US machine made cigars. And lights em with free pack of matches.

Ergo, accordingly; and I never could get into when it is said: with that being said...go pick 4 into B Grassy. A Pic 5 would have a 1st leg 5.5 lawn installment with too big a cast. The 7 furlong first leg of the selection fortisimo is wide open..

• Edited April 3, 2021 11:34 am  by  DogsUp
princeofdoc

4/3/21

So who are you including in your pick 4?  Are you singling EQ in the BG?

I like the pick 3 into the Wood myself.....will be chalky, but I am playing to Brooklyn Strong, so will get a bit of a price

DogsUp

4/3/21

11th EQ cold

10.  3 4 5 6.  Need # 3 for $ticket

9.2356. Vig a spread

8.  2 5 7 9, 12, 13 need fav 13 post not get there + is M/L at 3/1

$48 for 50 cents 

In reply toRe: msg 36
Wintertrian

4/3/21

Essential Quality looked like he could go around again.  They should re-name him Relentless, cuz he was. 

Props to Highly Motivated for running such a good race .  I should have put him in and I would have had the super high five.   Oaklawn is paying better today so......

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

4/3/21

Loved HM's race.....I look for the same exacta on May 1st, but the other way around :)

In reply toRe: msg 39
Wintertrian

4/3/21

for anyone interested, BSFs from Keenland for the big races today:   Adn based on trainer comments looks like Weyburn and Crowded Trade won't run in KY Derby.   I was hoping Weyburn would get it, talk about a bet against, I had him dead last. .  

graded stakes today, all from Mr. Beyer himself: Blue Grass, 97 Madison, 87 Ashland, 89 Shakertown, 105 Commonwealth, 94 Appalachian, 87

Weyburn sounds like a handful.  Jerkens says he's not good at adapting to new environments so he's "high maintenance" that way.   They might go in the Belmont though. 

Gerh

4/3/21

Right now ,I will take Rombauer to beat both of them.Very impressed with his effort today