Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bluegrass Stakes   Triple Crown

Started 3/31/21 by princeofdoc; 3536 views.
DogsUp

4/3/21

11th EQ cold

10.  3 4 5 6.  Need # 3 for $ticket

9.2356. Vig a spread

8.  2 5 7 9, 12, 13 need fav 13 post not get there + is M/L at 3/1

$48 for 50 cents 

In reply toRe: msg 36
Wintertrian

4/3/21

Essential Quality looked like he could go around again.  They should re-name him Relentless, cuz he was. 

Props to Highly Motivated for running such a good race .  I should have put him in and I would have had the super high five.   Oaklawn is paying better today so......

In reply toRe: msg 1
princeofdoc

4/3/21

Loved HM's race.....I look for the same exacta on May 1st, but the other way around :)

In reply toRe: msg 39
Wintertrian

4/3/21

for anyone interested, BSFs from Keenland for the big races today:   Adn based on trainer comments looks like Weyburn and Crowded Trade won't run in KY Derby.   I was hoping Weyburn would get it, talk about a bet against, I had him dead last. .  

graded stakes today, all from Mr. Beyer himself: Blue Grass, 97 Madison, 87 Ashland, 89 Shakertown, 105 Commonwealth, 94 Appalachian, 87

Weyburn sounds like a handful.  Jerkens says he's not good at adapting to new environments so he's "high maintenance" that way.   They might go in the Belmont though. 

Gerh

4/3/21

Right now ,I will take Rombauer to beat both of them.Very impressed with his effort today

RAESFAN

4/3/21

I had HM ATB, but I don't think he wants an inch more ground.

princeofdoc

4/3/21

Don't know about that, Raes.....he finished quite quickly, about 7 lengths faster than the Wood winner, and by even more compared to the SA winner.  2nd race off the layoff, 1st time around 2 turns, never on Lasix, always with Castellano/Brown.

I had both EQ and HM finishing in 36 and 2.....not only very respectable, but excellent in this crop.  We'll see how Concert Tour fares next week, but I like these two right back.

Roman Centurian and Caddo River can qualify if they either beat Concert Tour, or come in 2nd next week....they also have to beat Hozier too :)

In reply toRe: msg 41
princeofdoc

4/3/21

Rombauer may qualify for the gate, depending upon next week.  If somehow Concert Tour is defeated, then the top 2 could displace him, leaving him outside looking in.  As I think Concert Tour will romp next week, I would probably bet that Rombauer makes it in.  And I would love for him to upset the cart, as I have a futures ticket on him at 150-1.  I do think he has a little chance to make it into the exotics, certainly, but it seems like EQ/HM/CT will be tough to beat.

I like Hot Rod Charlie to bring higher odds into the tri....though Greatest Honour could also make amends.

Should be a competitive race, looking forward!

RAESFAN

4/3/21

They weren’t running on the same track. The Aqueduct surface is quite anomalous right now. It’s virtually impossible to compare performances.