Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Wood   Triple Crown

Started 4/1/21 by princeofdoc; 1683 views.
RAESFAN

4/2/21

Aqueduct is a strange track. When it is dry it can play really slow. The other day no mile race was completed in under 1:40. It is often faster when wet or drying out. On most days this year, 1:12 for 6f would have been flying. I would definitely say it will be slower than that. Nevertheless, they need to be careful of giving Market Maven an easy lead. He is improving, and can take them a long way at a huge price. He might be disrespected and allowed to lope along on the front end, and be difficult to run down. Worth a show bet, I think.

RAESFAN

4/2/21

When all is said and done, I think the Gotham form will stand up. The number was very good, and a lot of people looked at the actual running time on a track that was running slow. Crowded Trade got beat by a booger, and I think he ran the better race, losing more ground, and galloping out better than Weyburn.

DogsUp

4/2/21

You got me second guessing the Woodie

At first.went with..winner goes to lead and forces closers to overwork on dull track..

Tonight said nobody goes out and a grind it out by endurance and jockey smarts.

I'm thinking the surface can make polenta of the legs and a exotic price emerges. 

• Edited April 2, 2021 9:47 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 6
Wintertrian

4/3/21

smartyslew said...

the last 8 winners prepped in Florida and not New York.

Wintertrian said...That would be Prevalence, CandyManRocket, and Dynamic One,

okay, as a know nothing, I'll go Exacta Box with Prevalence, Candymanrocket, Dynamic One, Risk Taking

RAESFAN

4/3/21

That dull track could be the wild card. Horses that trained and ran on it, may have an adv.

DogsUp

4/3/21

I just play NYRA circuit. And

GULF, KEEN, CHURCH and your track I like horizontal pk 3s for starters.

• Edited April 3, 2021 10:50 am  by  DogsUp
DogsUp

4/3/21

The colts from Parx are also used to a dull track. 

Plus2lbs

4/3/21

"Cool" not really the word I would use.

But if some think it is ...

Cool.

DogsUp

4/3/21

Or hot!!! Trendy doesn't fit. 

Slamin',  Boss, Kick Azz, The shzits

• Edited April 3, 2021 11:40 am  by  DogsUp
Pedigreestar

4/3/21

Keepmeinmind should run good  will be in the money. Untreated is another one I think should run well. Essential Quality should win convincingly

Pedigreestar