Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ark Derby   Triple Crown

Started 4/4/21 by princeofdoc; 3147 views.
princeofdoc

4/10/21

I am playing CT for first here, not worried about how he doesn't need it, rather I think he is that much better than the others, especially his stablemate.  Yes, Hozier would be an easy toss for the Derby, but I don't think he'll fare well today.  I like the others for the tri, especially Caddo and Get.

princeofdoc

4/10/21

I like Swiftsure here.....and then to go on and be a major competitor in the Preakness, possibly even on the undercard on Derby day.

Oldbettowin

4/10/21

I have no idea really.  I’m just looking forward to seeing which one blinks first, Concert Tour or Caddo River.

In reply toRe: msg 14
Wintertrian

4/10/21

Concert Tour ran exactly as I thought he would.........3rd.   I had a couple tickets and he was 3rd on every one.  

YAY!   

Asmussen wanted to get a horse into the Derby and Caddo River (my guy for the AR Derby) will get enough points. 

I don't really like Caddo River for the Derby though.......to me, he is the perfect Preakness horse.  (but CT isn't going to win the KY Derby either).   

Santana and Geroux, the Oaklawn riders, were't going to go quietly into the night.  They ride there day in and day out. 

Best of all, the tickets paid well w/out CT in the win/place 

Wintertrian

4/10/21

unfortunately I cannot read your tickets. 

Oldbettowin

4/10/21

Well if that was Baffert trying to get Hozier in he didn’t do a very good job of it lol.

Wintertrian

4/10/21

Oldbettowin said...

Well if that was Baffert trying to get Hozier in he didn’t do a very good job of it lol.

Yeah I was wrong about that.......but it's just as well.  Hozier would be a toss if he got into the gate. 

3-3-2-0-0 (8) DI = 7.00  CD = 1.13

In reply toRe: msg 14
Oldbettowin

4/10/21

One of them really should have blinked.  They both would have been better off.

Oldbettowin

4/10/21

Not sure he really ever did anything.  I can’t figure out what Jo-El was trying to prove though on CT.  Surely they knew CR was going to try to stay in front this time.  Makes me wonder if he’s really a presser or if he actually needs to be in front.