Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Helium- Mark Casse runnner   Triple Crown

Started 4/4/21 by Wintertrian; 5120 views.
ChiefsCrown

4/7/21

Greatest Honour is out of the derby, next one in is Dream Shake.

Wintertrian

4/7/21

ChiefsCrown said...

next one in is Dream Shake.

I think that will change after ARK Derby.  
If you think rombauer, proxy and hidden stash can't do anything, I'm pretty sure Dream Shake is in the same situation.  :) 
Its why I hope Obesos gets in.   LA Derby dead last to almost 2nd, settled for 3rd, but looked like he got hung up in traffic in that last turn..another furlong and he had a shot at 2nd for sure.   Do you like him at all?   He probably won't get in though. :( 

ChiefsCrown

4/7/21

Obezos ran a bang up Louisiana Derby. Might be a good longshot play on May 1.

I still like Hot Rod Charlie, Midnight Bourbon and Known Agenda for a trifecta play. All 3 seem to be E/P style runners which seem to play well for the derby.

As far as the Arkansas, i like Hozier to win. Caddo River and Concert Tour likely a speed dual up front opens the door for Hozier and possibly Last Samurai.

Oldbettowin

4/8/21

I’ve got the lunch special penciled in at third right now, barring any stupendous performances this weekend.

Oldbettowin

4/8/21

So nobody mentioned Helium in their lists or even talks about him?

The other horses think he talks funny.  

Wintertrian

4/9/21

Oldbettowin said...

The other horses think he talks funny.  

He says:  "Talk is cheap!"

He sure looks good to my eye, lookit that neck......and muscles.   This guy looks powerful.  No idea if he will make the gate or not?

https://youtu.be/cs3o_ivrvqs

Oldbettowin

4/10/21

There are actually quite a few points in He’s favor on my list....undefeated at 3, sire’s first crop, has a passing position back to a daughter of War Admiral or Teddy, was +2 on the Timeform par for the TB Derby....lots to like.  I would like to also see some pretty strenuous workouts in the next couple of weeks.

ChiefsCrown

4/13/21

Between Helium and S & S who in your opinion is the better colt? After watching the TB Derby Helium came from about 12 lengths off the lead and was wide. Ran a great race. Jose Ferrer? Just can't see this guy doing it come May 1. Really i never heard of him before this race.

Wintertrian

4/13/21

ChiefsCrown said...

Really i never heard of him before this race.

Look, I put Helium up for consideration because he's an UNDEFEATED colt.   ....Undefeated in 3 career starts, 2 of them stakes races.  1 at Woodbine.  Then at Tampa.

A young colt with an undefeated resume should certainly be *heard of*.    (Mine that Bird suffered the "I raced in Canada" bias). 

We know how the talking heads and east coast turf writers do not recognize any races or horses who don't race in the Continental U.S. 

I can't fix that.  

Nobody talks about Obesos, either......another one I've pushed into the conversation.    he'll be *on* radar now that early Brisnet PPs came out (n best speed at distance category).  

Next I'll be hearing that Sainthood doesn't have the *BSF* speed numbers, I'm sure.  LOL   (either did Animal Kingdom). 

As for S&S, I can't compare.  But I did not like how he looked getting off the plane.  I will wait and see how he does at CDX. 

I'm very blessed that I don't have or use TV, I don't read DRF, or any of the talking heads.  Unless someone sends me somthing directly and it's someone I respect their opinion.  Otherwise, I stay in my own lane and just watch races and make my own thoughts about the horses.  I could care less what 99% of the talking heads think.   z

I DO care what some of my forum buddies think, here and at one other forum....ALL of ya'll.......and that's really good enough for me, which is why I've been at both places for 20 years.  I don't need no Talking Heads to inform me.  I think the best and the brightest are right here.