Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ohio Derby   Triple Crown

Started Jun-21 by princeofdoc; 1704 views.
DogsUp

Jun-25

Prince: Wow!  I was just going to post that Life Is Good is back in training, still listed under BB for the work.....

If horse is at a track Baffert 'is' banned from, then more than likely the trainer name change hasn't been made into/input the data base by the programmer and the present info as Baffert remains as well as migrates into other data sources.

• Edited June 25, 2021 1:00 pm  by  DogsUp
princeofdoc

Jun-26

I'm really looking forward to Life Is Good returning.....I think he has tremendous upside, could do well in late summer events, and get ready for the Breeder's Cup

princeofdoc

Jun-26

You might be right, may not get bet down, but I still really like him, though with fast track, who knows.....your horse also looks good and will definitely get bet down, especially with the scratch of Proxy.

I'm keying Ethical in all exotics, including supers.....also using King Fury and Keepmeinmind

DogsUp

Jun-26

Life is Good agree could come back running.

FL DE LIS  with Letruska winning in 6 gal field exact $50.

In reply toRe: msg 17
Oldbettowin

Jun-26

Tri:  Masqueparade-Promise Keeper-King Fury

I would say watch The Reds for a longshot but they’re in their usual spot, 5 games back.

princeofdoc

Jun-26

Good pick, Raes.....the horse looked good, ridden well too.  Ethical looked to be making a move at the top of the stretch, and then just flattened.  I had expected an off track, and thought he would show up.  Wrong again!

RAESFAN

Jun-26

Unfortunately, bet down majorly! Race ended up chalky relative to payout. Keepmeinmind is an enigma. He works these blistering fast times, then has absolutely no early speed in his races. I want to like this horse, but he needs to put himself in the race earlier.

Wintertrian

Jun-27

RAESFAN said...

Keepmeinmind is an enigma. He works these blistering fast times, then has absolutely no early speed in his races. I want to like this horse, but he needs to put himself in the race earlier.

Actually no engima..   Diordoro is a claiming trainer.  

I've watched him at Oaklawn for 5++ years now.  He's good at one thing......claiming races, but can't manage a horse to be consistent over time.   

I've won big on Dunph, or one of his other horses and the payout is always big....big big.......and you cherish it because its just  rare.  He claims horses.... then mismanages them.   Look at Dreamers Disease, same stuff different day.  You can squeeze a high odds win out of one of his once in a while. 

So claiming races at Lone Star, Oaklawn, Canterbury.....well pretty much anywhere.   He's a "hot potato guy".......too busy moving horses in and out.   A move-em-up guy.  

I've said this in as many way I can here a few times, w/out being totally frank about why he can't bring talented horses along,  so I'll just leave it at that, without getting, um......accusatory--- if you get my drift.    50+ rulings in thoroughbredrulings.com....and was running his horse under a suspension in the Preakness. 

There was a time I liked keepmeinmind because he has a nice pedigree. He hasn't won a race in forever.  Diordoro is too "busy busy" to bring a horse along like some of the HOF guys who patiently and capably do that. 

He's the chalk in every claiming race at OP year after year.  After a while you get a feel for what trainers are good at.  

Next time I see him I'm gonna ask him when he's going to retire Pioneer Spirit.   

DogsUp

Jun-27

So agree...I've said in all the colt's races ...that is where he ends up at the end of his races and that's where he'll end up in the next.

The exact was $24. The prohibitive favorite in a Grade 3 (drop downs and wanna bees) and my Delta horse underneath.

Thistle has antiquated camera system (I only play the Derby there) doesn't show full field stretched out to last runner. Camera angle at finish looked like King Fury got beat for 2nd.

And I can visually call a dead heat.

Regrettably longer races are not in abundance as King Fury gets rolling in the latter furlongs.

Trainer Ken Peeka Boo McPeek will make adjustments as this one is still off the radar..   :) unlike your now on the radar pick yesterday....a NY bred too!!

RAESFAN

Jun-27

That’s a shame, because I think the horse has talent. No chance he will end up with someone else?