Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ohio Derby   Triple Crown

Started Jun-21 by princeofdoc; 1585 views.
RAESFAN

Jun-23

You think Ethical Judgement will get bet down, with big names like Promise Keeper, Proxy, King Fury, and Keepmeinmind in the race? I'm hoping to get the morning line of 8-1 for the Al Stall Jr. late bloomer, Masqueparade, but after the way he annihilated the highly regarded, Ghazaaly in his last, the wise guys will be all over him. Hopefully, he won't fall below 5-1.

princeofdoc

Jun-23

You make a good point, as usual, Raes......the "big names" though were primarily unsuccessful in the TC races, and this is the time of year when the late-bloomers surge forward.  I'll look more closely at Stall's colt too.

Were you surprised to see Hozier change trainers?

pianot

Jun-23

I like the mas too.

pianot

Jun-23

Had no choice if he wants to run. Not that impressed anyway with that one. Could drop off without BBs help.

RAESFAN

Jun-24

Not at all. I expect to see a lot more of that. If my horse’s trainer was prohibited from racing in certain circuits, I would probably do the same thing. I wouldn’t want my horse to be limited as to what races he could run in. Even if I supported Baffert, as a business owner, I wouldn’t want any victories achieved by my horse, to have any questions circulating around it.

There’s an unraced MTR colt that I’ve been following, awaiting his debut with Baffert. Recently I saw his works show up at Keenland rather than Los Al and SA where he had been working before. Could mean he has changed trainers as well.

Edit: Just saw that the unraced colt I mentioned, is owned by Starlight!

• Edited June 24, 2021 11:08 am  by  RAESFAN
princeofdoc

Jun-24

I'll be curious as to who is chosen.....doubt that they'll all go to Brisset.  Hoping that Walsh and Callaghan get some more well-bred horses.  It's a great opportunity for the younger trainers to step up and show what they can do with some raw young talent.

DogsUp

Jun-24

All:

The OD is 9fl.  CONDITION Weights as G3 126 as Derbies are for 3 yo. But seen different??

Will know tomorrow. 

Weather: Fri & SAT Thunderstorms

To hit the board for verticals.

KING FURY ...and Cory as pilot - homeboy mud master

And King can navigate mudski.

#9. 

https://youtu.be/OpPu1oDkCkg

• Edited June 24, 2021 2:35 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 8
pianot

Jun-24

Thats my exacta box, king with mas.

RAESFAN

Jun-24

Life Is Good and other Winstar horses, transferred from Baffert to Pletcher!

Wintertrian

Jun-24

RAESFAN said...

Keepmeinmind

big in name only.   I guess eventually the horse might do SOMETHING?  I mean he did win a race back in Fall of 2020.  

Diordoro was running under a suspension in the Preakness --- Let those guys transfer their horses to another trainer if they care about the owner.  Or, let the owner suffer the consequences of choosing a cheater for their trainer.  I'm out of sympathy nowadays for these practices.  

Not wagering but if I were I'd bet anything Arrieta is riding.  He's my favorite longshot jockey, and he's on a 15-1 horse (Hello Hot Rod) who will probably drift upwards at post time so I would probably stick that one in my exotics.  Jockey is 53% w/p/s career and about 48% w/p/s in 2021.  

I do like King Fury and The Reds as well. 

I suck at big stakes races so who knows if any of these will hit.