Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ohio Derby   Triple Crown

Started Jun-21 by princeofdoc; 1584 views.
princeofdoc

Jun-24

I'll be curious as to who is chosen.....doubt that they'll all go to Brisset.  Hoping that Walsh and Callaghan get some more well-bred horses.  It's a great opportunity for the younger trainers to step up and show what they can do with some raw young talent.

DogsUp

Jun-24

All:

The OD is 9fl.  CONDITION Weights as G3 126 as Derbies are for 3 yo. But seen different??

Will know tomorrow. 

Weather: Fri & SAT Thunderstorms

To hit the board for verticals.

KING FURY ...and Cory as pilot - homeboy mud master

And King can navigate mudski.

#9. 

https://youtu.be/OpPu1oDkCkg

• Edited June 24, 2021 2:35 pm  by  DogsUp
In reply toRe: msg 8
pianot

Jun-24

Thats my exacta box, king with mas.

RAESFAN

Jun-24

Life Is Good and other Winstar horses, transferred from Baffert to Pletcher!

Wintertrian

Jun-24

RAESFAN said...

Keepmeinmind

big in name only.   I guess eventually the horse might do SOMETHING?  I mean he did win a race back in Fall of 2020.  

Diordoro was running under a suspension in the Preakness --- Let those guys transfer their horses to another trainer if they care about the owner.  Or, let the owner suffer the consequences of choosing a cheater for their trainer.  I'm out of sympathy nowadays for these practices.  

Not wagering but if I were I'd bet anything Arrieta is riding.  He's my favorite longshot jockey, and he's on a 15-1 horse (Hello Hot Rod) who will probably drift upwards at post time so I would probably stick that one in my exotics.  Jockey is 53% w/p/s career and about 48% w/p/s in 2021.  

I do like King Fury and The Reds as well. 

I suck at big stakes races so who knows if any of these will hit. 

RAESFAN

Jun-25

I like Arrieta as well. Very underrated jock, winning at over 21% lifetime, and almost 15% in 2021.

I'm not great at handicapping, but I do like the progression I see from Masqueparade. Stall has been patient with his development, and his Equibase numbers in his four 2021 starts are  76 - 83 - 95 - 108! If he moves forward or at least doesn't regress, he should be right there. He is tactical, so I don't think he needs any particular set up. I'm not crazy about Mena, but he's ridden the horse in every start.

princeofdoc

Jun-25

Wow!  I was just going to post that Life Is Good is back in training, still listed under BB for the work....

DogsUp

Jun-25

Prince: Wow!  I was just going to post that Life Is Good is back in training, still listed under BB for the work.....

If horse is at a track Baffert 'is' banned from, then more than likely the trainer name change hasn't been made into/input the data base by the programmer and the present info as Baffert remains as well as migrates into other data sources.

• Edited June 25, 2021 1:00 pm  by  DogsUp
princeofdoc

Jun-26

I'm really looking forward to Life Is Good returning.....I think he has tremendous upside, could do well in late summer events, and get ready for the Breeder's Cup

princeofdoc

Jun-26

You might be right, may not get bet down, but I still really like him, though with fast track, who knows.....your horse also looks good and will definitely get bet down, especially with the scratch of Proxy.

I'm keying Ethical in all exotics, including supers.....also using King Fury and Keepmeinmind