Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 140499 views.
Wintertrian

12/17/21

Nice Gun Runner (BMS Pulpit) 2 year old filly won the Trapeze Stakes (1 mile) at Remington tonight.......looks to be strong in body.   Beat everyone by a lot. I liked her.  
"Optionality"
Asmussen
Homebred Winchell Thoroughbreds

2019 {1-l} DP = 2-6-12-0-0 (20) DI = 2.33   CD = 0.50 - 5 Starts, 3 Wins, 1 Places, 2 Shows

Wintertrian

12/17/21

Springboard Mile no idea who will win but Bye Bye Bobby is a real looker.   Gorgeous Quality Road colt, $870K pricetag  --  comes from behind.  Safies horse Make It Big is a real looker. 

I like Classic Moment too

Edit:   Make It Big won. He's really amazing looking. Stalker.  Worth looking at if you can find a photo...legs go on forever.  I noticed that in the Post Parade he was walking and 1 step looked like 3 steps.   (mistakenly thought it was bye bye bobby but it wasn't......it was him)

Sire Neolithic was 3rd in the Pegasus World Cup, Dubai World Cup and Woodward --- and 2nd in the Fayette at 1-1/8 so he's good for 9F most likely 

Make It Big is 3 for 3 in a row now. 

smartyslew

12/17/21

I watched that Race, full of the 13c Elite Sires taking up 11 positions within 5 generations

Seattle Slew 13c, Mr Prospector 13c,  Candy Ride 13c, Talc 13c, all with the transcendent Conduit

BPT Classifiction  Mare Frizette 13c bred to carry their speed a distance of ground 6f to 12f.

Candy Ride got Gun Runner, Seattle Slew got A P Indy, Mr. Prospector got Fappiano twice and

Preach Bred to API to get Pulpit and Gun Runner/ Pulpit got the target horse (Filly) Optionally 

and Talc 13c got her 3rd Dam Palm Beach Dewey, thats a lot one family BPT power. bred to be 

good at 4 and 5 years old and runs like this at 2.

Wintertrian

12/17/21

smartyslew said...

I watched that Race

The filly race, right?  (R11) 

Did you catch a look at Make It Big? (R12)   He's quite impressive looking. 

smartyslew

12/18/21

Yes The Filly race, I didn't see the next race, I was on the phone, I liked Osbourne to beat the favorite.
I'll watch the replay when I have time.

Wintertrian

12/18/21

Lukas had a nice 2 YO today, totally muddy track. 
Galactic Empire - really seems to like the wet, he was right there most of the race. 
2nd career race. 

PON homebred, Mizzen Mast BMS. (won the Strub @ 1-1/8 and the Malibu @7F on dirt and Bien Bien on Turf after racing in France most of career.   Not familiar enough with all those French horses on his female side 

Could be any kind, dirt/turf/distance but I look for "mudders" to add to my stable 

smartyslew

12/18/21

Thanks, was it a sealed wet track ?

Pencil this in for the Belmont prospect list., Front Runner for 7f MSW win. bred for 12f
Tapit/ Gone West  with BMS Secretariat 2s up the Middle with the Tff in 5 generations

that wins Belmonts with Tapit.

*Zatip yes,3 stam, P,L.5 LH,(8 2f,7 3o,61n,6 13c,4 8f,)   *Belmont Graham Motion1n, 26r,
smartyslew

12/22/21

Top 3 yr olds in California projected for the 2022 TC Trail. from DRF
------------

Corniche, the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile winner and likely Eclipse Award winner as champion male 2-year-old, is among those expected to be based here this winter, along with such well-regarded runners as Doppelganger, Messier, Newgrange, Pinehurst, and Rockefeller – all trained by Bob Baffert – as well as Doug O’Neill’s duo of Mackinnon and Slow Down Andy, Oviatt Class for Keith Desormeaux, Sir London for Simon Callaghan, and several unraced colts for the likes of Ruben Alvarado, Baffert, and Richard Mandella who have trained like they are of high quality.
-
Mackinnon, third in the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile Turf, c,  Mandella’s grass maiden winner Sumter. Slow Down Andy, Straight Up G will go in the $200,000 California Cup Derby for statebreds Jan. 15 
Got Thunder (by Arrogate) for John Sadler, and the Union Rags colts Noble Union and Union Train for John Shirreffs. Among those nearing their debuts who have trained in eye-catching fashion are Armagnac (Quality Road), McLaren Vale (Gun Runner), and Wharton (Candy Ride) for Baffert; the speedy Cal-bred Smuggler’s Run (Straight Fire) for Alvarado; and Set Sail (Malibu Moon) and Top Secret (Uncle Mo) for Mandella.
--

DogsUp

12/23/21

Dosage Index: 9.0   for Got Thunder..

Where can I find info to more thoroughly be able to read and understand the breeding numbers?

• Edited December 23, 2021 3:00 am  by  DogsUp
smartyslew

12/23/21

Right here at Cindys Site

http://www.horse-races.net/

Read Dr. Romans Book , Tesio Power, Pedigree query, Google what you are looking for

like T'bred Historic female families and many sites have breeding sections like Bloodhorse.