Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 126889 views.
RAESFAN

12/26/21

I just watched Emmanuel work with Dean's List. He is an imposing figure, that works effortlessly. Really anxious to see him step up in class.

smartyslew

12/27/21

That Is really good, How does Dean's List look ?

RAESFAN

12/27/21

He worked well actually. It’s just that he had a physically imposing figure working next to him. He is a nice horse in his own right.

RAESFAN

12/27/21

Brad Cox had a nice colt win impressively on a muddy track the other day. In Dreams, by Frosted, out of an MTR mare, blazed to an open length win at Oaklawn on 12/17.

princeofdoc

Dec-31

Interesting that he had him in maiden claiming previously.......

smartyslew

Jan-1

1/1/2022 Oaklawn Race 9 Smarty Jones Stakes   8f (10-4-2-1 prep race) 14 entrants
At 8 furlongs any one can Win this including a Pretender..
At a Classic Distance I like the 2 All In Sync 8-1 the best from this group and for that reason
he's my pick a speed Horse on a wet track. followed by :3 Home Brew 3-1,1 Dash Attack 12-1
12 Cool Pappa G, 6-1(vanned Off in last) 14 Ben Diesel 5-1, 10 Barber Road 4-1,
----

Oaklawn
Heavy T-Storm Wind E at 8 mph,

Temperature 57°F, Humidity 96 %
--

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=ent&print=on&country=USA&race=9&track=OP&date=2022-01-01

smartyslew

Jan-1

1/1/2022, Aqueduct Race 8  Jerome Stks,  1 Mile , 3 yr olds , 8 Entrants (10-4-2-1 points race)

No body entered is on our Projected Derby List, There is one entrant on the 

waiting in the wings list  #5 Smarten Up 12-1. I am not familiar with the Trainer, no opinion
------
https://www.equibase.com/static/entry/AQU010122USA-EQB.html#RACE8
---

Santa Anita Race 7: Sham Stks g3, 1 mile dirt, 3 yr olds  5** entries (10-4-2-1 points race

on our list #2 Oviatt Class 7-2, #3 Newgrange 2-1, on waiting in the wings list #4 Rockefeller 8-5
On our elite Turf list entered is #1 Mackinnon 3-1..
- I have no opinion at 8f for this race. For Classic Distance from this group I like
Oviatt Class and Newgrange..

--

princeofdoc

Jan-1

I like Cooke Creek in the Jerome, 8/5 is generous vs. this weak field, though the slop may figure in....

I am really looking forward to see how Newgrange runs in the Sham....also interested in Mackinnon.  Should be a competitive race, 4 of the 5 can win it.

I like Ben Diesel in the Smarty Jones....though I don't see any horse from this field impacting the TC races....same with the Jerome.

But the Sham has had the KD winner the last two years, so I think we should watch that one closely.

princeofdoc

Jan-1

Good pickin'.....you had the generous exacta in your picks, hope you played it :)

princeofdoc

Jan-1

Newgrange was able to win easily after allowed an easy pace....helped considerably by 2nd place Rockefeller, also a Baffert colt, by not pressing the winner.  Nonetheless, Newgrange was impressive and should be a player going forward, moreso than Rockefeller.

I'm still amazed that ownership sacrifices Derby points to stay with Baffert.....guess it will stop for the next points races at Santa Anita