Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 129885 views.
smartyslew

12/27/21

That Is really good, How does Dean's List look ?

RAESFAN

12/27/21

He worked well actually. It’s just that he had a physically imposing figure working next to him. He is a nice horse in his own right.

RAESFAN

12/27/21

Brad Cox had a nice colt win impressively on a muddy track the other day. In Dreams, by Frosted, out of an MTR mare, blazed to an open length win at Oaklawn on 12/17.

princeofdoc

12/31/21

Interesting that he had him in maiden claiming previously.......

smartyslew

1/1/22

1/1/2022 Oaklawn Race 9 Smarty Jones Stakes   8f (10-4-2-1 prep race) 14 entrants
At 8 furlongs any one can Win this including a Pretender..
At a Classic Distance I like the 2 All In Sync 8-1 the best from this group and for that reason
he's my pick a speed Horse on a wet track. followed by :3 Home Brew 3-1,1 Dash Attack 12-1
12 Cool Pappa G, 6-1(vanned Off in last) 14 Ben Diesel 5-1, 10 Barber Road 4-1,
----

Oaklawn
Heavy T-Storm Wind E at 8 mph,

Temperature 57°F, Humidity 96 %
--

http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=ent&print=on&country=USA&race=9&track=OP&date=2022-01-01

smartyslew

1/1/22

1/1/2022, Aqueduct Race 8  Jerome Stks,  1 Mile , 3 yr olds , 8 Entrants (10-4-2-1 points race)

No body entered is on our Projected Derby List, There is one entrant on the 

waiting in the wings list  #5 Smarten Up 12-1. I am not familiar with the Trainer, no opinion
------
https://www.equibase.com/static/entry/AQU010122USA-EQB.html#RACE8
---

Santa Anita Race 7: Sham Stks g3, 1 mile dirt, 3 yr olds  5** entries (10-4-2-1 points race

on our list #2 Oviatt Class 7-2, #3 Newgrange 2-1, on waiting in the wings list #4 Rockefeller 8-5
On our elite Turf list entered is #1 Mackinnon 3-1..
- I have no opinion at 8f for this race. For Classic Distance from this group I like
Oviatt Class and Newgrange..

--

princeofdoc

1/1/22

I like Cooke Creek in the Jerome, 8/5 is generous vs. this weak field, though the slop may figure in....

I am really looking forward to see how Newgrange runs in the Sham....also interested in Mackinnon.  Should be a competitive race, 4 of the 5 can win it.

I like Ben Diesel in the Smarty Jones....though I don't see any horse from this field impacting the TC races....same with the Jerome.

But the Sham has had the KD winner the last two years, so I think we should watch that one closely.

princeofdoc

1/1/22

Good pickin'.....you had the generous exacta in your picks, hope you played it :)

princeofdoc

1/1/22

Newgrange was able to win easily after allowed an easy pace....helped considerably by 2nd place Rockefeller, also a Baffert colt, by not pressing the winner.  Nonetheless, Newgrange was impressive and should be a player going forward, moreso than Rockefeller.

I'm still amazed that ownership sacrifices Derby points to stay with Baffert.....guess it will stop for the next points races at Santa Anita

RAESFAN

1/3/22

Pletcher, in a familiar move, will send promising three year old, Emmanuel, to Tampa Bay Friday, to engage in an allowance race. He likes to go from Gulfstream to TBD, with his sights on the TB Derby. Let's see if this guy moves forward off his debut win.