Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2021 2 year olds   Handicapping

Started 7/2/21 by smartyslew; 127898 views.
RAESFAN

Jan-6

I was wondering if Baffert was just being defiant. If he could win all the major preps, he could render the Derby moot, and make it appear illegitimate. His hubris is on that level!

princeofdoc

Jan-6

I sincerely doubt the owners will allow that.....I just wonder what keeps the owner groups with him this long?!?  Do they really think he gives them an advantage?  With Callaghan and Walsh.....young good trainers....as well as the obvious Pletcher and Cox, I just don't understand.....especially with such a good prospect like Corniche.

smartyslew

Jan-6

Tex, You make a lot of sense and the only thing I'll add ,The Trainers that spoke

their mind like Liz Cheney does may be left out adding to their stable . I know

Shirreffs thought it was overdone going way to far for a trainer to do his job.

He might get a horse or 2 if the owners go the route you suggest and Mandella and others

may get shut out. I think you can guess which California trainers get a shot. Maybe Jimmy Barnes. 

RAESFAN

Jan-6

You doubt the owners will allow that, but wonder what keeps them with him? lol

TexSquared

Jan-7

smartyslew said:

I think you can guess which California trainers get a shot. Maybe Jimmy Barnes. 

I believe Churchill's rules now specify that a horse trained by a suspended trainer or anybody employed by that trainer, is ineligible.   That's essentially the Jimmy Barnes rule right there.

Trainer suspensions have become a joke with Baffert horses moved to Jimmy Barnes, Asmussen horses to Scott Blasi, Doug O'Neill horses to Leandro Mora,  Pletcher horses to (not sure who his main assistant is now.. Anthony Sciametta?), Richard Dutrow horses to his brother Tony, etc.   So Churchill finally fixed that. If an owner of a Baffert trainee wants Derby points (and ultimately, in the race, and/or to the Belmont Stakes) the horse needs to move to a totally unaffiliated operation.  

princeofdoc

Jan-7

Looks like Emmanuel is scratched for today.....hope it's not serious

RAESFAN

Jan-7

Yeah, I'm disappointed. Hopefully, it's just a slight fever, or something. 

Well I'm still looking forward to four other firsters at Gulfstream this weekend:

1. Vocalize - Out of Harmonize, in Race 7 today. 

2. Ciango - Out of a mare First Samurai, in Race 4 tomorrow.

3. Sensual Chocolate - Out of a Lightning N Thunder mare, in Race 11 tomorrow.

4. Omixochitl(f) - Out of a Goodbye Kid, in Race 7 Sunday.

• Edited January 7, 2022 2:11 pm  by  RAESFAN
smartyslew

Jan-10

How did these do ?

Anything coming up this week ?

smartyslew

Jan-10

3 yr old Beyer leaderboard thru 1/9/22 for 2022 Season.
-------
3-year-olds: male or female
through 01/09/2022

HORSE TRK DATE DIST BEYER FIGURE
Adare Manor SA 07 Jan 1M 92
Under the Stars SA 08 Jan 7F 92
Awake At Midnyte SA 08 Jan 7F 91
Simplification GP 01 Jan 1M 90
Lightening Larry GP 01 Jan 6F 89
Newgrange SA 01 Jan 1M 88
Of a Revolution GP 01 Jan 6F 88
Dean's List GP 08 Jan 6F 86
Constitutionlawyer AQU 02 Jan
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
RAESFAN

Jan-11

1. Vocalize - This son of Gr.1 winner Harmonize, finished 3rd. Looks like he needs more than 5.5f.

2. Ciango - Was never in the race. Probably will head to the turf.

3. Sensual Chocolate - Ran poorly as well.

4. Omixochitl(f) - Was wide throughout, and tired late. I think she showed some talent. Looking forward to a better trip next out.

This Saturday at Oaklawn, Stockpiler, out of a Bernardini mare, debuts on the dirt at a mile. Trained by Daniel Peitz. His 3rd dam is Azeri!

• Edited January 11, 2022 8:22 pm  by  RAESFAN