Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Woodbine jockey suspended for rest of season   General Discussions

Started Jul-15 by TexSquared; 748 views.
SameSteve G

Jul-21

Really.  The International rules are cast iron compared to N. America.  Canada is a step up from the US, though.  US is way too permissive, IMO.

Apparently, the idea of adapting his riding to fit the rules at Woodbine never occurred to Salles.  His thinking only got him to Part A.  My riding doesn't fit.

And never to Part B:  Hey maybe I should adapt!   

Or, Part C:  Change the rules to fit my style!!   LOL!

TexSquared

Jul-21

It doesn't make sense.  If this guy can ride in Asia and the Middle East without getting suspended and fined all the time, his riding style SHOULD be acceptable in North America.  The other places all had the more strict whip rules before we did, for example  (nowhere is as strict as New Jersey, but I'm talking about things like no overhand hits a la Jorge Chavez, limit on how many strikes per race, must give the horse a chance to respond, etc), and you see fines and suspensions all over the place for "careless riding" which wouldn't even register with our stewards unless it was bad enough to warrant a DQ.

Dude should spend his downtime studying race videos where jockeys got penalized and learn what not to do...