Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

April 1st Derby Top 20   Triple Crown

Started Apr-1 by princeofdoc; 1629 views.
In reply toRe: msg 2
Wintertrian

Apr-25

Since it's still April, I will flesh out horses I like.     Despite I am only playing the KY Derby this year on paper only. 

I will have 2 tickets, one for slop and one for a fast, dry track.    I have not re-visited Classic Causeway's re-entry into the Derby yet though 

TOP part of my ticket 
Simplification - I know it was a weird race but his FOY impressed me so much, stalked in midpack then turned on the afterburners in the stretch, everything I look for in running style of a horse in the KY Derby. 
White Alborrio
Messier

Next part of my ticket: 
C
harge It - moved him from the win spot on 4/26; may toss from my ticket altogether, no race at 2, no race before July at 2, and I worry that he will be disturbed by all the big hats and commotion at CDX, with an already hard to handle horse who may not be tractable   May replace with Barber Road.  
Tawny Port 
Classic Causeway - added him back in 4/26 since he re-joined the gate; he has excellent gate skills

Looking at longshots (have to be high odds horses ) for my exotics ticket, Zozos, TawnyPort  (if I move him from above) Pioneer of Medina, and Crown Pride look pretty acceptable so far

...but I don't know about the track condition yet.  If muddy I would think you'd have to use Barber Road for instance? Heck even if not muddy.   

Obviously, low odds horses like Epicenter, who you'd probably want to put on an exotics ticket, becasue obviously he does not qualify as a longshot.   I may not put him in the win spot though. 

RAESFAN

Apr-26

After his stellar work on the 22nd, Charge It has vaulted most of my early picks. I hope I can get a good price on him as well.

Wintertrian

Apr-26

RAESFAN said...

After his stellar work on the 22nd, Charge It has vaulted most of my early picks. I hope I can get a good price on him as well.

I moved him out of my win spot today.  At least, for now. 

princeofdoc

Apr-26

I like him for the Belmont

Wintertrian

Apr-26

RAESFAN said...

After his stellar work on the 22nd, Charge It has vaulted most of my early picks.

Where did you watch this one?

Wintertrian

Apr-26

TY.  Most of it was about Mo Donegal, unfortunately. But Charge It is a beauty 

OldForesight

Apr-26

Charge It workout. Start the video from the beginning. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnViFc79UV0&t=250s