Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Un Ojo - got staples out   Triple Crown

Started Apr-16 by Wintertrian; 924 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-16

scaped the fence 2x in AR Derby, so much so he needed staples.  "Un Ojo finished eighth in the Arkansas Derby on April 2 at Oaklawn after hitting the rail twice in an incident that led to having staples placed in a shoulder. The staples were removed Thursday"

Lost one eye in paddock accident as a yearling. 

REALLY hope it's smooth going for him going forward.  

ChiefsCrown

Apr-16

Hope he don't get an outside post ala Patch (missing left eye), needs a near rail post position. 

He'll have plenty of speed to run at in 3 weeks.

Wintertrian

Apr-16

I didn't even know he got skinned up, but it was apparently superficial.  my dog got cut like that, groin to ankle, and the skin was just flapped back competely, so you really need to staple it up so it heals in a nice looking way.  My dog's leg was as clean as can be, no infection, nothing,  Just opened the top layer of skin completely all the way down his leg on some barbed wire.  

ChiefsCrown

Apr-16

Poor pooch....I bet he was a hurtin' doggie for awhile! What kind of dog?

Thoughts on Un Ojo? 

I think he ends up between 6th and 12th pickin' off tiring runners down the stretch.

Wintertrian

Apr-18

ChiefsCrown said...

Thoughts on Un Ojo? 

I would certainly not put him in the win spot. 

Dog was a labrador retriever, my favorite breed.   RIP now, at 15 years old. 

ChiefsCrown

Apr-20

I had a Yellow Labrador Retriever who passed years ago at 13. Cancer did him in real quickly.

Wintertrian

Apr-20

ChiefsCrown said...

I had a Yellow Labrador Retriever who passed years ago at 13. Cancer did him in real quickly.

I'm sorry about your Yellow Lab!  13 is the "projected" normal age they live to, according to the vets, 12-13, so you may have had him longer had he not succumbed to cancer.  Heartbreaker! 

ChiefsCrown

Apr-20

Definately was a heartbreaker. Five years ago we lost all 3 of our Rat Terriers within a span of 285 days from various illnesses. Almost more than we could staand! Since then we aquired another Rattie and a Southern Feist/Norwegian Elkhound mix. I'm thinking this might be it for dog ownership (my wife thinks so).

Gotta have a dog otherwise i'd lay around like a slug and carouse horse racing pp's...LOL

pianot

Apr-20

So sorry. What was the name?

ChiefsCrown

Apr-21

The 3 ratties who passed...Chief 15yrs old, Sassy 8yrs old and Gabby 10yrs old.

Before those 3 it was Yellow Lab, Blue 13yrs old and Manchester Terrier, Sneakers 15yrs old. Now i have Rattie, Dino 5yrs and Feist/Elkhound, Dickens 5yrs.