Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Un Ojo - got staples out   Triple Crown

Started Apr-16 by Wintertrian; 922 views.
Wintertrian

Apr-18

ChiefsCrown said...

Thoughts on Un Ojo? 

I would certainly not put him in the win spot. 

Dog was a labrador retriever, my favorite breed.   RIP now, at 15 years old. 

ChiefsCrown

Apr-20

I had a Yellow Labrador Retriever who passed years ago at 13. Cancer did him in real quickly.

Wintertrian

Apr-20

ChiefsCrown said...

I had a Yellow Labrador Retriever who passed years ago at 13. Cancer did him in real quickly.

I'm sorry about your Yellow Lab!  13 is the "projected" normal age they live to, according to the vets, 12-13, so you may have had him longer had he not succumbed to cancer.  Heartbreaker! 

ChiefsCrown

Apr-20

Definately was a heartbreaker. Five years ago we lost all 3 of our Rat Terriers within a span of 285 days from various illnesses. Almost more than we could staand! Since then we aquired another Rattie and a Southern Feist/Norwegian Elkhound mix. I'm thinking this might be it for dog ownership (my wife thinks so).

Gotta have a dog otherwise i'd lay around like a slug and carouse horse racing pp's...LOL

pianot

Apr-20

So sorry. What was the name?

ChiefsCrown

Apr-21

The 3 ratties who passed...Chief 15yrs old, Sassy 8yrs old and Gabby 10yrs old.

Before those 3 it was Yellow Lab, Blue 13yrs old and Manchester Terrier, Sneakers 15yrs old. Now i have Rattie, Dino 5yrs and Feist/Elkhound, Dickens 5yrs.

In reply toRe: msg 10
Wintertrian

May-2

I wish Un Ojo the very best and hope his bruised footie heals up quickly.  He's had some terrible luck with ouchies.   

I admire that the connections are looking out for his best interests.  

Wasn't long ago that Big Brown was running with practically no hoof at all. I still cringe.  What a champion.  
Justify looked lame when he went to the shed.  To my eye, anyway. 

Here's to NOT holding horses together with duct tape and wire, right?