Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Derby Horses Travel   General Discussions

Started Apr-30 by pianot; 1071 views.
pianot

Apr-30

It is Sunday travel and they are vanning to CD from Indy.

PISTOL9

Apr-30

Not really late, used to be they had to be there on Tuesday.  Not sure if it is related to the draw or just wanting them on site for observation.

In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUpWired

Apr-30

Horses fly together..

Less congestion and preparation. There will be lots of people and horses flying into The Commonwealth. INDY airport less than 60 miles. Hey Mind dat Bird came vanned by trainer. And Derb execs had to notify connections they could be a Derb entry.

Derby and most all races have a set time in which the runner must be on the grounds.

Which leads to hoofnote; great preparation. This women perhaps has thoroughly put horse and rider in the Derby as a cosierge. Bet she checked out the hay and oats and made sure candy wasn't placed on the jocks hotel pillow. 

Hoofy 2: Want rain. Colt has largest rain grabbing hooves 

https://youtu.be/nqE5fdlRd0w

Oldbettowin

Apr-30

60 miles from what?  

Msg 1984.7 and the next 1 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 1
Wintertrian

May-2

Now that Tex Sutton isn't flying horses, and knowing the pilot shortage with Fed Ex and most other carriers, not flying doesn't suprise me at all.  

And some horses don't train well around a lot of "commotion", and are better off training at a quiet track off-site from CDX this time of year.  

I have many reasons why it doesn't bother me that horses don't arrive early.  Some did well in maidens at CDX too so I already know they may like the track.   

pianot

May-2

Wouldnt ya think? Direct to Louy vs Indy to Louy?

Wintertrian

May-3

DogsUpWired said...

This women perhaps has thoroughly put horse and rider in the Derby as a cosierge. Bet she checked out the hay and oats and made sure candy wasn't placed on the jocks hotel pillow. 

Hoofy 2: Want rain. Colt has largest rain grabbing hooves 

https://youtu.be/nqE5fdlRd0w

I hope Steve sees this interview.  I like Kate Hunter.  I love the Japanese aims to really become the best breeders.  She is a wonderful consierge to any foreign horse, IMHO..........she has a great job!!!