Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Derby Selections   Triple Crown

Started May-6 by Pedigreestar; 1536 views.
ChiefsCrown

May-7

2 Derby selections....

1) Mo Donegal / Messier / Taiba / Epicenter $1 tri/box

2) Mo Donegal / Messier / Smile Happy / Rich Strike $1 super/box

Realistally RS might not make the top but i'd kick myself for eterinity if this came in and i didn't play it

Wintertrian

May-9

ChiefsCrown said...

2) Mo Donegal / Messier / Smile Happy / Rich Strike $1 super/box

Realistally RS might not make the top but i'd kick myself for eterinity if this came in and i didn't play it

That was a good instinct, Chief!    I bet you ARE kicking yourself now though, because you put him in a superfecta.  Next time you get an "elbow jab from the heavens" (what I call it) , play the horse w/p/s.   

My future strategy, in addition to the homebreds,  will include, no matter who it is, the dreaded Post 17.   I think that one was higher odds than Rich Strike?    WHy play it?   Cause for very little money EVENTUALLY A HORSE WILL WIN FROM THERE and probably at high odds. 

ChiefsCrown

May-9

Yeah i had a "why aren't you using the long shot?" She did and won. 

I should have played my instinct an used Rich Strike (long shot) and Epicenter (favorite) in a cheap exacta box. Would have been $4k richer today.

The pace screwed most of my tickets. Oh well onto Baltimore as they say. Other than my wife who knew?

GamblingMel

May-9

Please let us know her choice for the Preakness!   grinning  

ChiefsCrown

May-9

I think she mentioned she likes Un Ojo as well as Rich Strike. Not swaying her picks at all. 

One thing she's addiment about that i usually do is change picks. Once she picks it's a dead nuts lock!!

Wintertrian

May-16

ChiefsCrown said...

I think she mentioned she likes Un Ojo as well as Rich Strike.

Neither horse in running in the Preakness, unfortunately. 

But your wife is right about once settled on a horse, don't change your pick (unless scratched or something).