Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Post your KY Derby horses here   Handicapping

Started May-7 by Wintertrian; 2146 views.
Oldbettowin

May-7

I have reasons for believing Messier will win.  I also have reasons to believe Epicenter will win.  I also have reasons to believe Taiba will win.  I also have reasons to believe Barber Road will finish second and not just because of his seconditis.  I also have misgivings about each one.  Did JR ease up a bit on Messier once he knew Taiba had them?  Is Epicenter fast enough?  Did Taiba get the best butt rub in the SA Derby?

I already bet a little on Barber Road.  I’m going to bet probably another $100 on the derby today so not really swinging for the fences but at least giving it a shot.  I don’t think Epicenter will win.  Going with JR and Messier to win and I’m going to play some exacta and trifecta wheels with Messier keyed in first and BR and CC keyed in second and third.  Leaving Epicenter out, which I will probably regret lol.  

Possible for honors underneath:  Barber Road, Classic Causeway, Pioneer of Medina, Taiba, Zozos, Tiz the Bomb, Tawny Port, Zandon, Mo Donegal, Smile Happy.

SameSteve G

May-7

Crown Pride to win at 15-1 or higher, otherwise I sit it out.  [I'm betting the house, baby - 20 bucks ]

5 dollah exacta box - Crown/White Abarrio/Epicenter/Simplification

Good luck to everyone who decides to play.  Most of all, have fun.

sovereign1

May-7

My main ticket is a 10/20/40 on Zandon. I was going to play someone else if his odds stood in the area of 3-1.

Then my exotic 50-cent Trifecta

1. Epicenter, Messier, Zandon
  2. Epicenter, Messier, Zandon, Mo Donegal, Smile Happy
  3. Epicenter, Messier, Zandon, Mo Donegal, Smile Happy, Charge It, Simplification, Barber Road

And then my $5 "Stick it where the sun don't shine but with all my love, From Bob B." Exacta box: Messier, Taiba

In reply toRe: msg 1
RAESFAN

May-7

Charge It

twoshots

May-7

For outside shots I like Pioneer of Medina and Zozos who have seasoning and good final-quarter times; and Tiz The Bomb just intrigues me. Not a good record on dirt, but he has the perfect name to blow up the exotics, and just might be fast enough.

$1 exacta: Epicenter, Messier, Tis The Bomb, Zandon over those four, Mo Donegal, Pioneer of Medina, Zozos

$1 tri: Epicenter, Messier/those 2, Mo Donegal, Zandon/those 4, Tiz The Bomb, Pioneer of Medina, Zozos.

$5 saver to win on Crown Pride

In reply toRe: msg 7
pianot

May-7

$5 WPS White & Crown

$2 ex box- white crown epi simp zan

cubs.fan

May-7

A: Epicenter

B: Taiba, Messier

C: Mo Donegal, Zandon, Pioneer of Medina, Smile Happy

D: Charge It, Tiz the Bomb, Zozos, Simplification

Various combos, centered heavily on Epicenter in the win spot.

OldForesight

May-7

If the track continue to play the same way it has been playing since opening day, then closers are doomed. Unless a horse is much the best such as Secret Oath, if you are not forwardly placed and within six lengths off the lead you are not going to win.

My pick is Smile Happy. I expect him to fall in behind the leaders, save ground along the rail and make his move at the 3/8ths pole. Not to mention jockey Cory Lanerie is the second winningest jockey at Churchill Downs with 19 riding titles. 

Ex. Smile Happy/ Messier and Charge It.        

GamblingMel

May-7

Great stuff, Winter and very funny!!

I plan to do a bunch of "one-off" Superfectas and some Super Hi 5's.

I will be playing these 8 horses in varying combinations:

Epicenter 

Crown Pride

Messier

Mo Donegal

Pioneer of Medina

Simplification

Tiz The Bomb

Zandon

Good luck everyone!

princeofdoc

May-7

I bet 8/10.....w/1/5/10.....w/6/9.....for pick 3's and doubles, got lucky and hit the 10 at a nice price.

Keying 1/5/10 in the Derby, w 3/7/8/13/15 underneath in tri's and supers and exactas

Good luck everyone!