Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What were you right about & wrong about   Triple Crown

Started May-8 by Wintertrian; 3748 views.
smartyslew

May-9

I was right about a Lasix free Horse Winning the Derby !

I was wrong Betting on Epicenter to win the Derby also Lasix free ,this among the things I got wrong

sovereign1

May-9

I'm thinking Epicenter has a slight edge for 3yoOTY

In reply toRe: msg 10
OldForesight

May-9

No moral victory here. The aim is to win and I failed. Hopefully, we get to do it again next year. 

OldForesight

May-9

Based on Epicenter's achievements thus far he is in the driver's seat for 3yr. old of the year. But that's not what I am talking about. From here on out, there are plenty of graded stakes races for 3yr. old in the next 4 months.  A few of these horses that did not finish ITM in the derby will make great improvements in the upcoming months and will be at the forefront. Not to mention the horses that sat out the derby because of injury or inexperience.  Who is going to be the next Life Is Good or Olympiad from this bunch?      

sovereign1

May-9

Ah, ok. I'll bet for all the Derby runners, those were the best odds you will ever get from them from this point on.

I would like to see how Charge It develops and if Barber Road can find that extra gear.

OldForesight

May-9

Early Voting is the horse I think will make the most impression. Chad Brown was smart not to run him in the derby because he would have been a part of that hot early pace. And there is Corniche and Jack Christopher

twoshots

May-9

I was right to leave out Taiba. I was wrong to leave Messier in.

DogsUpWired

May-9

Did you mean another colt. Zandon ran in the $ 3rd. You were right

esnov333

May-9

1.) Correct Epicenter & Louisiana horses transfer well to Kentucky dirt.

2.) Wrong for believing Johnny V. had enough sense to not get caught up with Summer Is Tomorrow.

DogsUpWired

May-9

Johnny V ridding style in general especially with front runner is just that on a front runner.