Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rich Strike's "TEAM" and groom   Triple Crown

Started May-9 by Wintertrian; 2075 views.
SameSteve G

May-12

To each his own, Dogs.

DogsUpWired

May-12

I'll send you a bucket of steam clams, calamari and dandilion salad if he wins..9 horse field min

To each his Roan

Enjoy the summer

pianot

May-12

First, thought it was refreshing for them to bypass. Second, agree not sure the belmont is his wheelhouse, but I get it.

SameSteve G

May-12

To clarify.  I'm glad they are skipping the Preakness for the horse's sake.  Nowhere did I say that I thought Rich Strike will win The Belmont.

In fact, he will be over bet, become a huge underlay which disqualifies him from a win bet.

Calamari, steamers...mmm-mmm-mmm  Arugula salad.

DogsUpWired

May-13

And ALL

Steve you were the last thread and the message should have been to All..as Doger noted to all that he seems to be the only nay sayer. Now

Bet the Preak peeps are unhappy about the no show. Cause they would have the repeat Rachael Alexander vs long shot Derby colt Mine that Bird set up; and yet a third star; Epi colt as fav. Would really enhance if Zandon also shows/showed 

The Philly with 5 lbs off won't beat the boys; but I'd really enjoy Wayne Lukas's joy in doing it. The video of the Derby trainers dinner Wayne does a remote greeting. Pretends he's crying about not being in the Derby. And maybe Todd could give him one of his horses. And says to Chad Brown that they always got along and could do something. Crys about when they-ll play my Old Kentucky Home...just a real insider spoof. 

Just Found it as the short version in an hour long vid. There is garbled voice before Wayne is clear to hear

https://youtu.be/5Z5Rie8ePNk.  

Gerh

May-13

FWIW,I thought Epicenter was best on the day.He was close enough to the pace and was still there at the end.Taking nothing away from the winner,but he got the pace to close into.
The video clip was hilarious.Thanks for posting the link.
GamblingMel

May-13

It was so intuitive, Sonny's ride, you know what I mean?   Just magical.   He's the real, that's for sure.   It's such a busy week for me at work but I just read that Richie is not going to run in the Preakness and I'm so relieved and happy to hear that.   He needs distance so saving him for the Belmont is the best choice.   Everybody surrounding this horse from top to bottom is the real deal!

GamblingMel

May-13

I was also hoping they would not run him in the Preakness.   What a refreshing change from Baffert who would just as soon race his until they drop dead!

SameSteve G

May-13

I hear you and I agree. Sonny was sync'd to Rich Strike in the moment and not doing math, so to speak.  He was taking what the race was giving as it arose.  So nice to watch.

Have a good one, Mel.  

MrToad21

May-13

Yep.  Rich Strike is still a baby.  He was born on April 25th.  I believe he and Mo Donegal (4/19) were the babies this year.

He should recover nicely for the Belmont.  I'd think Mo Donegal will be solid in the Belmont too if he's running.