Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Preakness Bets   General Discussions

Started May-11 by pianot; 10206 views.
DogsUpWired

May-12

on the fair and square the owners kinda proved the early odds in that they say the colt is Not More than Ready 

DogsUpWired

May-12

'In the last 25 years, horses that won the derby at over 30-1 that went on to win the Preakness:

Charismatic.  That’s it."

Chris Antley RIP was returning to riding following personal issues and the great Wayne D Lukas sought fit to give him his chance and a leg up ..So did I as key Delta.

Oldbettowin

May-12

A guy I used to work with had $200 on him to win.  

DogsUpWired

May-12

Yeah I had that Tri and didn't get by wheel .was key.

Gerh

May-12

Political Stuff?Was he seen wearing a MAGA hat?

GamblingMel

May-13

I wonder if Jack Christopher or Pappacap will go?  Here's Jack C's races:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5cvHTf2KNg

princeofdoc

May-13

As rare as it is, I'm going to disagree with you on this one, Raes.....The morning line should be made as a predictor of the betting public.  I would have bet a rather princely sum :) that RS would not have been the favorite of the betting public.  Whether he should or not is a different issue.  Yes, he won the Derby impressively, but that's a different event, and that alone does not make one a deserving favorite.  His body of work prior was not as impressive as several others, and though they can improve greatly as 3 year olds, Epicenter is also improving and has a style more suited to the Preakness than RS.

Even though he is not running, I doubt that you would take RS over Epi at even odds for finishing better.  I know I certainly wouldn't.  I wouldn't take him over Early Voting either, and probably not the filly.

RAESFAN

May-14

I hear you, but the way he won the Derby, I would take him in the Preakness. The horse can only win in the races he was entered in. He ran on poly track as he improved, and didn’t get a chance to show what he could do on the dirt until he got on that surface. I don’t think his race was a fluke, or due to the pace. He is as clearly the best horse on that day, and I think he would be just as effective at 9.5f. I guess we will have to wait until the Belmont to see if he’s legit. Then again, that’s a very different race.

princeofdoc

May-14

You may be right....every time I watch the replay, I get more and more impressed.  But in his previous 7 races, he only won once.  His other 2 dirt races he lost by a combined 17 lengths.  If this horse was trained by Baffert, we would definitely suspect drugs!

Oldbettowin

May-14

If one looks at his previous races, one thing becomes very clear—he needs a decent pace to run into.  He got it in the derby, but I’m not so sure he would have gotten it in the Preakness.