Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Preakness Bets   General Discussions

Started May-11 by pianot; 10066 views.
ChiefsCrown

May-12

Pit Beef with a side of crab cakes and a Thoroughbred of Sin cocktail to wash it all down!!

DogsUpWired

May-12

I don't find it unusual.

Epicenter held the Title going in: Points, money won, significant races, connections, Post time favorite and ran 2nd.

More often than not; with the exception of the exceptional amount of Trip Cw winners of late; the Derby winner ultimately isn't a Jewel race winner in a next leg or two. We had a rash even first 2 legs like Chrome + Big Brown.

Rematch. NEXT RACE - facing ALL

Pros: If the colt finally has his physical-mental run/game together.

Biting Aggressiveness after race (apology to outsider + pony) head game ready...wants more, wants to be a race horse 

He Won - beat the top 3yr olds, beat the odds, beat under Dog public nay saers and beat me

Cons: Shorter race; no history of 2 in a row with short layoff, winning on more than 1 track

Colt will have the proverbial target not "on his back, On His Front. He a 'closer 

The jocks are riding to force or press Der winner out of his game style and into there's

Oldbettowin

May-12

In the last 25 years, horses that won the derby at over 30-1 that went on to win the Preakness:

Charismatic.  That’s it.

Gerh

May-12

Just don’t think we are going to see that kind of pace for the Preakness.Overall,Epicenter has shown a consistent body of work.With Rich Strike,we still don’t know if he is horse for course or if he can repeat that performance on another track.I think Leon rode a great race but if you are a stone cold closer in a 20 horse field ,you have to get a perfect trip.

Gerh

May-12

Rich Strike will skip the Preakness per Bloodhorse 

In reply toRe: msg 13
sovereign1

May-12

I wish he skipped the Derby instead.

Gerh

May-12

I would have been happy if he had finished 2nd in the derby.At least I would have been up a few hundy 

In reply toRe: msg 15
sovereign1

May-12

Isn't this a slap to the face for the TC series?

Gerh

May-12

These horses can’t race as much as they used to.Pretty sad when you think about it.

In reply toRe: msg 17
sovereign1

May-12

It feels like a completely different breed from 30 years ago.