Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will they ever rebuild Pimlico?   General Discussions

Started May-14 by TexSquared; 838 views.
In reply toRe: msg 6
pianot

May-15

Pimlico is a dive and has been for 10 tens of years. I'd rather they keep derby at CD and move the other two legs around. Might make it more interesting with at least 3 weeks between.  Still might showcase the monster (non drugged) horse if that is even possible today. 

In reply toRe: msg 9
Wintertrian

May-16

Pimlico is an embarrassment at this point as a proper place to hold the 2nd leg of our Triple Crown. 

Best get on with it, raze it and move elsewhere.  

Business is business but you'd think TPTB would have some semblence of respect for the 2nd leg of our TC, but I guess not. 

Oldbettowin

May-16

They should rotate it around to major tracks until Maryland decides they want it.

Wintertrian

May-16

Oldbettowin said...

They should rotate it around to major tracks until Maryland decides they want it.

Good idea!  Many tracks are deserving of a big stakes race and could use the attention, tourist dollars, 1 day boost to their local economy,  and wagers. 

PISTOL9

May-17

That was 2015, the year Pharoah won. I was there, luckily under cover when it hit.

I've been to Laurel as well. while it is not up to date now, there seems to be a lot of area and potential to make it a much better destination.