Horse Racing Forum

Hosted by Cindy Dulay (CindyDulay)

This is a place for friendly and civil discussion of horse racing of all types including handicapping.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Belmont Stks DogsUp Delta Details   Triple Crown

Started 5/21/18 by DogsUpBigE; 7820 views.
Wintertrian

5/26/18

RAESFAN said...

However, in a small field, on a track with those sweeping turns, he could be very effective.

You mean w/out Vino Rosso herding him to the rail......yeah.   

Wintertrian

5/27/18

DogsUpBigE said...

Bravazo

Oxbow and Paynter were produced by full sisters to Tiznow, but Bravazo comes from a different female line.

Since you were / are a big fan of Lookin at Lee I guess you already know that Blended Citizen is a half-brother to Lookin at Lee

Oldbettowin

5/27/18

And Lee’s Daddy Lucky is Gronk’s broodmare sire :P

Msg 990.39 deleted
DogsUp

5/30/18

I can't put a hoof on it, but for some reason, this coming shot at a potential Triple Cw winner lacks that old feeling.  An undefeated colt at that. Baffert two successive. Not a long period of time between accomplishments perhaps. No Alydar? No signs of fatigue or duct tape on the legs. No colt kept under the radar being saved to go the mileage.

Justify even looks the part. Runs the part. Acts the part.

The two significant defections soften~uped exotic betting props.

Oldbettowin

5/30/18

It feels weird because even though he’s undefeated, his two classic wins have come in the slop.  We know from the SA Derby and from his works that he’s obviously fast on a dry track but how far can he carry that speed on a track like Belmont?  I have no idea based on the derby and Preakness.  Maybe the heavens will open up again on them next Saturday and we get another TC champion.  I’d be Justify fine with that but there would always be an asterisk next to his name in the back of my mind.

In reply toRe: msg 41
Wintertrian

5/30/18

defection of Good Magic and Audible kinda messed things up, and I wanted Enticed and Core Beliefs to go, so...

Can't make a straight wager on justify and make any $$ so I guess will hold nose and make a "geronimo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!" wager

In reply toRe: msg 1
DogsUp

6/1/18

Overanalyze vs Street Smart.

A great colt like Justify comes along going into his undefeated Triple Crown finale always in a crop of 3 year old mediocre contenders..

Oldbettowin

6/1/18

I never bought the hype about this being such a stellar crop.

DogsUp

6/1/18

Agree, and the pundits have not, as a source, touted this bunch as extra special.

Thoroughbred horse racing tragedy!

The smoking room at OTB via county mandate: no smoking. :)