Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Redirect to viglink.com   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 3/15/17 by Knotpicky (RUTA); 16048 views.
gunter

Aug-17

What's needed is a link to a specific message that has a URL to some other site but which dead ends at viglink instead, not the viglink address itself.

Gary (GARY479)

Aug-17

I got that from Kid's message above. Just click on it and you will go to that forum then if you click a link there it gets redirected to Vigilink.

Cstar1
Staff

Aug-17

I checked that link earlier today from a computer, and it went to the correct location. If it redirected first to viglink, I could never see it in the address bar.

Which tells us only that it's not happening to everyone, but not why it's happening to some people.

Cstar1
Staff

Aug-17

Just checked the link with my android phone, and it's not stopping at viglink with that either.

Did you mean the etsy link I posted at Poll Vault? It might just be Firefox AND Classic - that's what I originally reported back when this first came up. It's hunky dory fine in Zeta (so mobile view)

OK On Windows 10 in Classic view with that link on Poll Vault; Firefox, IE11, Chrome and Edge all redirect to Viglink. But they now all contain the link to carry on to etsy. (Originally Firefox did not show the link)

Gary (GARY479)

Aug-18

I use an iPad Pro with Safari iOS10.3

And you view forums in the desktop classic format not the mobile Zeta one, yes?  

Gary (GARY479)

Aug-18

Yes. If the forum mgr has that option marked.

Gaelspirit

Aug-23

This happened to me twice this morning at two different forums, both of which are Classic mode. 

Cstar1
Staff

Aug-23

Do you happen to have links to the messages where it's happening?