Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

I can't find my new forum   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started Jun-26 by NanDee; 446 views.
NanDee

Jun-26

Hi, I just created a new forum but cannot find it. 

I got the message that tells you your new forum is ready at... but when I click the link - first couple of times I got an error message saying it couldn't be found. I tried closing browser and re-opening it but now I just end up on the 'My Forums' page and the new forum doesn't show in My Hosted Forums section - only my current test forum is there.

Here's link to my new forum 'The Chat Bar'

http://forums.delphiforums.com/mydelphi.

I just tried that link again and got this

This site can’t be reached

http’s server DNS address could not be found.

• Edited June 26, 2017 6:29 pm  by  NanDee
In reply toRe: msg 1

Was that the link in the Private Message? If so check your email (the one you have listed with Delphi) and see if you were also sent an email. 

NanDee

Jun-26

Hi - Thanks for speedy reply :)

Checked email - there was one saying my new forum was ready at.... clicked the link and still no forum - took me to 'My Forums' page and new forum still not showing in my Hosted Forums section. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Gary (GARY479)

Jun-26

Try in the morning around 8 as the servers are loaded at night (early morning) so if they try a fix, that should do it. I know with eBay, a listing takes about 4 hours to propagate.

NanDee

Jun-26

Thanks Gary - Actually I just found a work around to get me there until the system updates.

The email I got has the link to the forum main page - and it also has a direct link to the controls page - would you believe - that works ! lol

So I've bookmarked that link so I can get to my new control page then from there I can get to the main page :) 

Oh and once I got to the controls page - the new forum now shows in my hosted forums section - but that link still doesn't work yet.

At least I can start building my new forum and hopefully things will be sorted properly tomorrow :)

Thanks again :)

Edit : Ok scratch that - I changed my forum view from Zeta to classic and now can't even get back to the control page - oh well will have to wait till tomorrow I guess. :)

• Edited June 26, 2017 7:50 pm  by  NanDee
In reply toRe: msg 5
gunter

Jun-26

Something is off, I suspect the webtag MyDelphi shouldn't have allowed you to create the forum.  I'll check more with tech.

In reply toRe: msg 6
NanDee

Jun-26

OK thank you Gunter :)

What is wrong with MyDelphi though ? And how come I was able to access the forum via the direct link to the control page ? - it was only when I switched it from Zeta to Classic on that page that I lost the forum completely.

Should I try and make another forum with a different web tag - or do you think I will be able to get this forum going ? 

In reply toRe: msg 7

OH that was your webtag? It's already a delphi webpage destination (our profiles). Well look at you! You found a bug! (passes you the bug queen crown)

I think you should go ahead and create a new forum.

In reply toRe: msg 7
gunter

Jun-27

Do try another webtag.  MyDelphi is a bit like MyForums, it's not available as an individual forum.

NanDee

Jun-27

Lol Thank you Kid - I shall wear my new crown with pride.

Have created new forum - this time no problems - so far :)