Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Unwanted Whispers & PMs   Chat

Started Jul-3 by Dan (DANCULBERSON); 288 views.
Dan (DANCULBERSON)

Jul-3

I conduct a live chat every Friday night in one of my forums, and last Friday one of the chatters left because of unwanted and unasked-for PMs from someone. I sent her an email asking if it was [USERID], because that person had sent unwanted and suggestive whispers to a chatter two weeks earlier. She answered no, but gave me the name of who had sent her the PMs. However, when I looked at the Visitors List, the person she named had been in the forum at that time, but was not participating in the chat. In addition, the person who had sent the unwanted whispers two weeks earlier had also visited the forum at the time of the chat, but was also not participating in the chat.

Is it possible for people not participating in a chat to send unwanted messages to people in the chat, just because of who they are and where they live? (The first person who sent whispers while being in Chat sent them to a woman who lived in the same state as he does.) I am considering banning both of these people from my forum, unless you all have some other considerations to offer.

Els (misselsa)

Jul-3

I know you could send messages to someone in another chatroom using java chat. My advice to your chatters is to put someone who sends unwanted whispers or pm's on ignore .

Cstar1
Staff

Jul-4

Dan (DANCULBERSON) said:

Is it possible for people not participating in a chat to send unwanted messages to people in the chat, just because of who they are and where they live?

The Zeta PM system is integrated throughout Delphi, so one person can be in the chat room, and receive PM's from someone who is not in the chat room. As Els suggested, anyone who does not want to receive PM's from someone should put them on ignore. 

There needs to be an easier way to do that from the chat room though. The profile of the person that's not in the room doesn't appear, so you have to find the name on the visitor's list.