Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Still want new editor in my blog f/posts   New Features / Wish List

Started Jul-4 by Gary (GARY479); 271 views.
Gary (GARY479)

Jul-4

Putting this request in for the 10th or more time. Using html to format a post is the pits. So sticking with weblinks primarily. Need to know if there is a way to publicize like a forum does? Also would like trackbacks and such to work.

Cstar1
Staff

Jul-5

Gary (GARY479) said:

Need to know if there is a way to publicize like a forum does?

You can use the permalink to a blog post and run a promo from one of your forums using the article promo. I used to do that occasionally, but it's been years. 

To be honest, I don't know that there are any plans to touch the blogs at all. They were created for a Prospero or Mzinga client, and we took advantage of them, but I don't think we've touched the coding since they were created. 

Is trackbacks definitely not working? It always was kind of convoluted. 

In reply toRe: msg 2
Gary (GARY479)

Jul-8

Did not appear to be. I will keep the link idea in mind. And if you 'own' it, not sure why tech cannot insert the regular editor we use. The special characters you have to use for html are a butt pain unless you use a physical keyboard and type but mine is all touchscreen (3 screens deep to invoke the arrow parentheses) which is why I like the convenience of the basic editor formatting which works with few problems in Safari. Maybe they should creste an app? lol DF is still a bit stuck in the Millennial Dawn.

Cstar1
Staff

Jul-8

Gary (GARY479) said:

And if you 'own' it, not sure why tech cannot insert the regular editor we use.

It's not that they can't, it's more a matter of where our resources are best spent. 

What about opening a Blorum and continuing to blog there.

"What is a Blorum?" you ask.

Ah, glad someone asked... A blog is the love child of a blog and a forum. It exists RIGHT here on Delphi and if you get in one the action now you will be one of TWO (count 'em 2!) blorums and possibly the envy of thousands!

Here's my blorum but don't click yet! Let me tell you about the magnificent features a blorum has over a blog. First off you need to use it in Zeta.

Control and flexibility!

A modern editor - all my images are being uploaded to the posts directly form my computer/device.

Feature rich - including Live Stories with (or without) Twitter integration. Live Stories connected to Twitter are featured on the Delphi Home page. #awesome

Use one folder or more - either for different topics or allowing others to blog on your blorum.

Control member content - mine has both reply only and full write folders, sigs are off to keep focus on the content)

Control member access - most folders on mine are fully public but one is private with access restricted to people of my own choosing.

Direct content to certain members - because it is (in reality) a forum you have all those features at your fingertips. Blogs lacked the two way communication alerts we get with forums. So you can reply directly to a member, use CC to include a number of members and @ mentions for more.

Mobile Friendly! - dude...

Gary (GARY479)

Jul-25

So it is a Zeta forum? Got confused...lol

But you can't do much decoration there like my pretty blog...

Gary (GARY479) said:

But you can't do much decoration there like my pretty blog...

There is that, yes. 

My blorum is a photography one- if you'd like to post pics on it I can give you your own thread and if you like it, your own folder.    

Gary (GARY479)

Jul-25

Ok, I would like to place some of my better pics in a spot other than iCloud...lol

Hurray! You can use the Guest Blorum folder and if you enjoy it and want to branch out I will open a folder for you and move your threads.  

Welcome to photo blogging or phlogging <g>

In reply toRe: msg 9

Open invite to other interested parties! I offer support for newbie phloggers!