Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Allocation   Message Board

Started Jul-8 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 352 views.

One of my forum members tried to post a video and was told they had used up their allocation.

What does this mean?

Cheers,

Jenifer

gunter

Jul-9

If the member tried to attach a video it would use plenty of attachment space. Non-paying members have very little space and videos are usually large and eat up paying members' allocation as well.

Using Insert or Embed Media instead to call a video from another site such as YouTube doesn't have that problem.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Jul-10

Thanks.

Jenifer

In reply toRe: msg 2
Jenifer (Zarknorph)

Jul-10

Quick question - my signature is a GIF.

Does that eat up my allocation?

I love my sig, but can easily change back to a JPEG.

Cheers,

Jenifer

gunter

Jul-10

Gifs aren't necessarily larger than jpgs - look at the actual size in kb. DelphiBasic has only 512k, DelphiPlus gets 100megs, DelphiExtra 50megs

Gary (GARY479)

Jul-10

May want to if you are basic, but even Plus with its bigger storage can get used up. Using a resizer helps a lot, too. Optimim internet size is no more than 200kb or so. 50kb works if there is not too much detail needed and it is small. I used Arcsoft to resize everything or Photoscape in Windows. I especially liked Arcsoft because it gave you both pixel size and physical description. I had been using PS Touch but Adobe abandoned it so I switched to Affinity Photo on my iPad.