Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Moving complete discussions from forum to forum.   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jul-16 by HWPeeler (HPeeler); 141 views.
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Jul-16

I have two forums titled "And not for something different". One I lost control over a while back after changing my log on name. How can I copy the complete discussions from one forum to another?

Forum name by, "hpeeler (hwpeeler)" is the one I no longer can control. "hwpeeler (hpeeler)" is the good one I want to move stuff to.

You can only move your own posts from one forum to another without expressed permission from other posters. Also you can't move full discussions.

You may be already doing this but you can point discussions back to the other forum so those participating in the discussion at the current one can refer back.

Do you mean you do not have access to the other account? Gunter can help you recover it of that is the case. At that point if you have not already I would close the old forum to new posting and continue on at the new... or go back to the old one.

HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Jul-16

I have a few old forums I need to do such to.

gunter

Jul-16

We can transfer forums to you if you were using another name, let us know which forums.

In reply toRe: msg 6
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Jul-16

Ancient History Topics

Defining Spirit and Soul

Put under control of hpeeler instead of hwpeeler please.

Thanks much.

gunter

Jul-16

It is done. There is another forum, do you want that as well?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/SomethinDIffrnt/

In reply toRe: msg 8
HWPeeler (HPeeler)

Jul-16

No, just delete the old one if you can. I already have a newer one of the same name. I've been afraid of deleting the old one for fear of deleting the new one too.