Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Help w/start page pic   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jul-17 by Ginger (TGANNON); 496 views.
Ginger (TGANNON)

Jul-17

Hi. It's been a long time since we updated our pics on the start page (probably 15 years ago). So, I was trying to remember how to do it and I did remember that they were stored on photobucket but when I attempt to erase and put the new ones in, it won't let me. It didn't like the gif format. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? Thanks

Lyndy (Lyndy7)
Staff

Jul-17

are you using Internet Explorer? It will not allow us to change things on the start page. At what point do you run into trouble?

CC to gunter
Ginger (TGANNON)

Jul-17

What am I supposed to use if not internet explorer?

Ginger (TGANNON)

Jul-17

I guess I should be asking what can I use with Internet Explorer instead of photo bucket?

You need to store your pictures some place other than Photobucket. If you have a paying accounts you have space in your Files. 

Look for the link when you are on your My Forums page 

Once your images are uploaded you can copy them to the Start page editor using Firefox or Chrome browsers. 

If you are running into problems come back and let us know where and we can help. 

Ginger (TGANNON)

Jul-17

I am a paying customer. Can I use Microsoft Edge?

Ginger (TGANNON)

Jul-17

Never mind, it does work with Microsoft Edge and I was able to upload new pics of the start page. Thanks again. 

Good to know it works with Edge! 

Was  TAB the Start Page you meant? The image on it is still stored at Photobucket (or so it says to me) Phtotobucket has set the online world on edge by upping it's price for hosting images on other sites (like start page photos, theme images and signatures) to $400 US per year. If the Photobucket account holder has any other plan (and they are selling other just slightly less pricey plans) you still will not be allowed to place images on other sites. Eventually the pic that is there will be covered up with this

Also I think I confused things a bit when I asked if you were a paying customer at Delphi and then told you to use a browser other than IE. Delphi does not limit access to their editors to only paying members, IE just no longer works with the Start Page Editor.

Ginger (TGANNON)

Jul-17

Was  TAB the Start Page you meant?

Ginger>What Tab? Just the start page  

>>The image on it is still stored at Photobucket (or so it says to me) Phtotobucket has set the online world on edge by upping it's price for hosting images on other sites (like start page photos, theme images and signatures) to $400 US per year.

Ginger>Wow! That's pricey. Whois going to pay that? When I log onto Photobucket, it says to get rid of ads, sign up for $2.96 a month or something like that.

>If the Photobucket account holder has any other plan (and they are selling other just slightly less pricey plans) you still will not be allowed to place images on other sites. 

Ginger>is there another site to store pics on the web?