Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Deletion of message by unknown member   Basic Help for Hosts

Started Jul-31 by Chaser4167; 477 views.
Kenny (HosemanMS)

Sep-5

In my opinion, that would be a neat feature.......... If forum hosts and Managers could see who deleted posts.  If it was a person who has no controls that deleted their own posts, or if it was someone with Moderator or editing controls and I think it'd be neat also to be able to have a log of those deleted posts, so that hosts or Managers could see what was posted and who posted it after it was deleted.  Also, of course, you do know that someone who doesn't have Moderator or editing controls CAN delete their OWN posts, but only their own posts, right?

Just a random thought.  LOL

Cstar1
Staff

Sep-5

It's something that's been asked for over the years, but not something that engineering has elected to devote resources to. 

If you didn't delete a message, and your staff didn't (or if you have no staff) then the only option is the poster themselves. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
Kenny (HosemanMS)

Sep-6

Oh, I can understand that.  Actually, being able to see who deleted posts isn't really a big deal for me........ Thanks for the reply though, Gunter.