Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Unable to use the setting privileges    Administrative Issues

Started Aug-5 by luv7; 831 views.
luv7

Aug-5

I am trying to make one of my members from "Losing Weight Forum" Assisted Manager and Editor. But, when I do this "it" has told me this member is no longer a member. Plus, there aren't any buttons to click after to save I select the option. And, I cannot select more than one option. Hope you can help me.

luv7 from Losing Weight and Sheepgate.

In reply toRe: msg 1

First off they have to be Delphi Plus to be an actually Assistant (full access to the controls) but they can be an Editor (with access to the Set Privilege screens, manage discussions etc)

Try accessing their Set Privilege screen via their profile on a post they have made.

Cstar1
Staff

Aug-5

In your control center, enter the person's membername (not nickname) in the space provided in Set Privileges, and click Search:

Once the record comes up, mark the box for the flag you want to give them, and click Apply.

In a Classic forum, they must have a DelphiPlus to be an Assistant Manager, but can be forum editors or chat moderators with any membership level. 

In Zeta forums, all membership levels can be Assistant Managers.

Let us know if you have more questions. 

Cstar1
Staff

Aug-5

Suuuure. Pick the easy way! stuck_out_tongue

Cstar1
Staff

Aug-5

BTW, you might want to change the Webpage link in your Losing Weight forum. It goes to a "page not found" error page. 

In reply toRe: msg 6
luv7

Aug-5

Thank you, but I do not know how to do that.

luv7

In reply toRe: msg 7

In Classic View go to Controls/Main Settings and scroll down to Forum Webpage.

That URL reads https://www.delphi.com/loseweight2003/messages/

Change that to http://forums.delphiforums.com/loseweight2003/start

When you're done...click on Submit.

As an addendum here; that URL basically just takes you right back to your own forum. Webpage URLs are meant to take you somewhere else relative.

luv7

Aug-6

Thanks. I did follow through on your instuctions. :)

luv7

luv7

Aug-6

By the way, I tried to put it on my default setting and it would not stay. Does that mean anything?