Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Files in Prefences, and attachment space used   Welcome / Start Page

Started Aug-31 by heavn; 562 views.
heavn

Aug-31

The files that I upload into my own profile's Preferences to use for use on people's themes, in classic forums, ... the  pictures, in jpg, gif. ... do those bytes use up some of my attachment space? Or are they out of a separate amount of bytes "account"?

Thanks

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

Aug-31

There is a 100Meg limit for DelphiPlus members and 50Megs for DelphiAdvanced members when using the Files space, separate forum your Attachment space.

In reply toRe: msg 2
heavn

Aug-31

Thanks so much ((((Gunter!))))

You are fast at replying!

:D

In reply toRe: msg 2
heavn

Sep-2

Hi Gunter,

In the File Section of Ptreferences, when you are giving files a url...

Is there a reason the chart shows how many times a file has been downloaded?   After the Filename, then  the size (bytes) of the file, the chart gives  the date added. Next, beside that, it says  how many times  the file is downloaded. I guess that means how many times that file is accessed. Does that use up more attachment space,  each time the file is looked at?

Just wondering.

Thanks.

:)

In reply toRe: msg 4
gunter

Sep-2

Number of downloads doesn't count against you. When you have an image  linked somewhere you may want to know how many people looked at it.  Could also be used for tricks like adding an image to email, you would be able to see if the recipient opened the email.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Kidmagnet

Sep-2

gunter said:

Could also be used for tricks like adding an image to email, you would be able to see if the recipient opened the email.

What are we doing to day Gunter?

Same thing we do everyday, Kid... <sinister> Try and take over the world!

heavn

Sep-2

LOL  Thanks for the "tricks" idea!  :D

Cstar1
Staff

Sep-3

gunter said:

you would be able to see if the recipient opened the email.

Or if the NSA did. stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes