Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Live Stories    Basic Help for Hosts

Started Oct-9 by Ann (msana); 1022 views.
Ann (msana)

Oct-9

1. Is there a way to delete a live story, since my story title and url don't match?

2. How do you run more than 1 live story? When I try, it just links me back to the 1st live story.

I do see "Save this stream as a new post. Finish and save live story. When you save this Live Story, it will appear as a regular (non-live) story and all the settings in the Live Story Console will be reset to their initial state. You'll be ready to start the next Live Story."

This option doesn't seem to be working for me. I still only have the option to manage a live story and not create a new one.

Any insight would be great. Thank you.

gunter

Oct-9

You can have only one Live Story at a time.  After saving a Live Story, choose the old story from your listings, look for the pencil icon to edit which will also let you delete it down below the last entry.

When saving a story, the Settings screen reloads with the Story State disabled until you start a new one. Is that not happening?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Ann (msana)

Oct-9

Thanks for letting me know that I can only have 1 live story at a time..

1. First of all is there a way to delete a live story since my url and story don't match?

2. No it doesn't seem like there is any story disabled state after I save a live story.

gunter

Oct-9

You can only delete after you save, is that what you are asking? 

Click on Save icon, then Post at the bottom. At that point you should get the Settings popup page.  If there is no popup, you may be using ad blockers.

If I understand right  - the problem with the URL is that you did not change the title of the new story. Each story should have a different title which becomes part of the URL.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Ann (msana)

Oct-9

1. There is no option to delete a live story. I wanted to delete mine since the url does not match the story title.

2. I am thinking there is a glitch since I don't see any option to creative another live story after I've saved one. Ill try another browser and see how it goes.

Thanks for the response.

This is so frustrating

gunter

Oct-9

Sorry this isn't working for you. I don't see where you first saved the story, then you can delete it. 

If you need more help with this it may be better to get a Mentor to take you through the steps.  Ask for personal contact here:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/Mentors1

(Saw your email to Service as well.)

• Edited October 9, 2017 8:57 pm  by  gunter
Cstar1
Staff

Oct-10

Ann (msana) said:

I am thinking there is a glitch since I don't see any option to creative another live story after I've saved one. Ill try another browser and see how it goes.

When you save a story, wait a few seconds - the panel will disappear as it saves, then will reload with a blank story form. Fill out the new story information - title, description, activate the story, add hashtags or filtered words, and Submit. The new story will be created. 

Maybe you'll find this thread useful - I've written some instructions and included screen shots. http://forums.delphiforums.com/hosts/messages?msg=27289.1

In reply toRe: msg 7
Ann (msana)

Oct-10

1. Thank you for the reply but I still don't see a way to add a new story even after reviewing the instructions. I save the live the story, the console reloads but no options to start another story appear.

2. I don't see a way to delete a live story either.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Ann (msana)

Oct-10

Thank you for the referral :)

Cstar1
Staff

Oct-10

On the screenshot above, click "Post" to save and close your existing story. Then wait a few moments, and a new story template will load in its place. Fill out the form, click submit, and a new story will be ready to go. 

I can do more detailed screenshots and instructions for you in the morning when I create new stories.

I'll show you how to delete too.