Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Live Stories    Basic Help for Hosts

Started Oct-9 by Ann (msana); 2159 views.
Cstar1
Staff

Oct-11

I'm not sure why you're seeing that screen. It's for connecting a Twitter account to your forum's Live Stories, so that Tweets can flow into the story. Had you ever done that? Once you do that, the right side of the console looks like this:

I see only 1 Live Story in your forum, and it has not been closed, it's still open. May I have your permission to close the story to see if I can spot anything wrong with the process?

Ann (msana)

Oct-11

No I have not done that.

I am beginning to think that there is a bug or glitch somewhere. I have been unable to get this resolved, which means I cannot run any live stories now.

"Save this stream as a new post"

"Post"

This is what I see after the fact.

Also I did apply for a mentor and am waiting to hear back

Ann (msana)

Oct-11

Kidmagnet said that i should give you "permission to close out my current story and see if you can get me back on track." Let me know :)

Kidmagnet

Oct-11

I've also been assigned as your mentor so once Cstar checks out your forum and you have logged out and back in you will see my Folder in Host Mentors and we can start.

Cstar1
Staff

Oct-12

Here's the screen that pops up when I click on the link to close the story:

I notice that it looks a little different from how it should look, and the story is definitely not closing correctly.  So, there's definitely a glitch in this forum, and I'll have to report it to engineering for them to figure out and fix. 

I'm so sorry you ran into trouble with your first story. They really are fun, and easy to use. We'll get this fixed, and then you can try it again. 

Cstar1
Staff

Oct-12

We're not sure what happened, but engineering has reset things for you.

Please give it another try, and let us know how it goes.

Ann (msana)

Oct-12

"Reloading the story console" was initially working so that I could create a new story; however it isn't anymore. The fix was only temporary. Please keep me posted. 

Cstar1
Staff

Oct-13

It looks like you started a new story, but there's no content in it yet.

Political Art. Social Commentary.

You can't start another new story unless you close that one. 

Are you going to connect a Twitter account to your stories, or run them without using Twitter?