Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Private Folders   Premium Forums

Started Oct-22 by Dale (Rainbow1956); 679 views.
Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-22

Hello,

In my Wolf Tribe forum, that is in the new format, a folder was created and made to be shared with only certain members.  However, with that being done, other members are still able to access it.  Can someone view the folder settings and tell me what has been done wrong?  The folder is named Board Only.  

Also, is there somewhere I can find tutorials on the new format?  I would like to see the tutorial on creating private folders.

Thanks in advance.

Members that are logged in when you switch or create a private folder may be able to view it until they log out. If it's a public forum post the link and someone here can check to see if they can see the folder.

I can create a tutorial tomorrow but basically you want to set the Read access to Some members and grant those members access.   

Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-22

It is a private forum so guess posting a link is out.  I had figured that support could still get into the forums.  Is there no setting to allow support in?

I will let them know to log out and try again.  

The read access has been set to Some members and those members granted access. 

It's most likely set correctly.  If you set a password,  PM it to GUNTER and he can pop in and confirm your settings. 

Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-22

How about I PM it to you and you fill Gunter in?  That would work best for me.  I will sent it to you.

Well I need the address too :) however I can only check to see if the folder is visible,  Gunter can access your controls. If you'd like me to still check PM the forum address or wetag too.

Msg 28106.7 deleted

Nope I do not see a folder called Board Only.

You can delete me from your forum and change the password. Or just delete me. I won't use it to return unless you asked me to. 

Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-22

Sounds good.  :)  I see no need to delete... you must be a trusted soul, lol.  I did post that you were allowed in as support.  Thanks for testing it out for me!  Awesome job!