Delphi Forums: Hosts Support

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

This is Delphi Forums' official support forum for Hosts. Ask questions, discuss problems, give feedback, and share tips about running a successful forum.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum Editor block   Technical Issues /Bugs

Started 10/22/17 by YoungGandalf; 2325 views.
YoungGandalf

10/22/17

My long term forum editors found that they cannot ban or gag posters anymore. Is there a temporary glitch or do you have other advice how to proceed?

When I set privileges at my end everything seems to be set correctly for them to have the power.

Do you mean they cannot use the Chatroom commands? Or they cannot do so on the forum either?

Add a link to your forum so Delphi staff can check your settings please.

YoungGandalf

10/22/17

http://forums.delphiforums.com/FreeThinkers3

My forum editor gets error messages when he tries to gag a poster.

You can see a screen shot in our newest Forum Business folder thread.

I think that's a private folder @gunter or @cstar1 would need access (or you can just copy that screen shot to an email and send to service@delphiforums.com and add details you might not want to post, such as specific members who were editors and which ones they were trying to gag.

YoungGandalf

10/22/17

this was the screen message he received

The member must have Voice and that needs to be removed before the restrictions can take place.

YoungGandalf

10/22/17

no that's my moderators account and error message when he tried to remove voice from a poster

gunter

10/22/17

Who is the poster, you can PM me with the name.  Perhaps the account has been blocked by Delphi Forums, which would also prevent setting any Privileges.

In reply toRe: msg 8
YoungGandalf

10/22/17

No, I don't think that is it. Terry the moderator just tried his powers on a regular poster when he realized it didn't work with the other poster and couldn't do a thing there either;

could it be Terry's account that is the problem? And the poster Terry was after is a regular poster with us too, has been several times on probation in the past but has now been a good forum citizen.

The error message that you showed me is the one that comes up when you try and put a Member with Voice on Moderation/Probation.

However it sounds like Terry (fab name by the way lol) is having more troubles than that. Can you post Gunter Terry's member name so he can check.